KFC has teamed up with a Russian biotech company to 3D-print chicken nuggets

I once had a vegetarian try to convince me KFC used chickens that were genetically modified to not have heads. I responded that this was probably great from the perspective (or lack thereof) of the chicken.

Under-rated reply.

So, they’re 3-D-printing shaped food objects made out of processed chicken slurm. Yummy!

Just no. NO! NO!

2 Likes

Can confirm! I have a perverse habit of trying “western” chain food in non-western countries. KFC in India sells a “burger” with a crispy deep-fried slab of paneer in place of the patty. Very good!

IMHO, KFC really missed the boat with “nuggets” and “wings”. Maybe this is will make up for it.

1 Like

leaves this here http://www.kibo.com/exegesis/animal_57.shtml

Regarding pink meat slurry, has anyone seen how they make hot dogs and other sausages? (I don’t recommend eating when you see the videos of how they do it)

1 Like

OMG, I haven’t seen a kibo reference in ages!

Yes. And I don’t care.

Also, those tube-meats are “wieners”, not “hot dogs”; a hot dog is a sandwich of some sort of bread wrapped around a tube-meat.
Unless they’re extruding the bun around the tube-meat. Which would be fine by me.

2 Likes

flagged

3 Likes

I could have called them frankfurters; But then I’d have to take a jump to the left… then a step to the right.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.