Kickstarting a documentary about the San Diego underground scene

[Permalink]

Unless your talking caves and tunnels, if you do a documentary about any underground scene, is it still underground?

Here’s another documentary in the same vein of the San Diego scene doc you posted about. Disclosure: some of my photos were used and I’m in many audience shots. What I loved about this community that met every Tuesday night was that it proved there are people in LA that actually cared about the music and each other.

IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER is the story of the Los Angeles “Kiss or Kill” music scene (2002-2007). Fed up with the wretched Sunset Strip pay-for-play policies, ‘too cool for school’ trendiness of the Silver Lake scene and apathetic Los Angeles crowds, the bands that made up Kiss or Kill forged their own scene based on great music, cheap booze, a low cover charge and a mid-western sense of community and friendship.

At it’s peak, Kiss or Kill had more than 60 bands in it’s roster and over 1,000 local L.A. fans.

Youtube Movie Trailer: IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER
Facebook Page for IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER
[Official Website IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER ][3]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.