Kickstarting turning Walt Disney's birthplace into a museum

[Permalink]

OK, I’ll ask. Why are a couple of theme park designers doing this instead of the Walt Disney Company or the Disney family? $500K would be pocket change for the people who recently spent untold millions to build the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.

1 Like

If only Mr. Disney had been more of a success, maybe he would have left behind a legacy worth billions dollars and wholly capable of financing such projects on its own.

2 Likes

The Walt Disney Company is actually working on just such a project. Thing is they are sticklers for Disney tradition , so they are trying to use eminent domain to seize the child hood home of Ub Iwerks and claim it as Walts.

4 Likes

It would be nice if they did something like that for the old Laugh-O-Gram Studios building. I mean, it’s only Walt’s first animation studio, and where he (reportedly) dreamed up Mickey Mouse.

I am not so sure if they are well on their way to getting funded. Kicktraq shows that they got $18000 on the second day, but have been averaging less than $5000 per day.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.