Kid on trampoline bounces to an incredible height

Originally published at: Kid on trampoline bounces to an incredible height | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I was terrified for those kids. WTF were they thinking? I feel old.

22 Likes

joel mchale community GIF

13 Likes

OMG, NO!

…heart still racing with how badly that could have gone.

You’re ALL grounded~!

14 Likes

What’s that even their own trampoline? They seem to be scurrying away awfully fast.

7 Likes

I’m just impressed that they seem reasonably within reach of having a backyard that’s entirely trampoline.

13 Likes

I love the prep: having someone ready to throw that mattress on after the last bounce.

14 Likes

Sigh Ok I’ll add it

22 Likes

First thing my insurance agent asked when getting a homeowner’s policy was “Do you have a trampoline?”

10 Likes

TRAMAMPOLINE!!

TRAMBOPOLINE!!

18 Likes

Adult me: “OMG, if you come down a few feet off, you’ll fall on a fence, on your back, from 20 feet in the air! The injuries would be catastrophic!”

Teenage me: “Holy shit dude, stop, you’re going to kill yourself!”

Yeah, I guess I was an overly-cautious young person.

15 Likes

In high school PE, we were required to use the trampoline and complete some basic routines. No problem except for one day when I landed noticeably strangely and happened to linger several seconds too long on the mat. One classmate (who always seemed to be dressed like his dad) ran over to me: “No! Stay down! You can sue the school! People make thousands of dollars like this all the time!” I’ve always imagined him heading into politics.

14 Likes

I think they likely arranged to have the stunt recorded, so ran back in ASAP to watch it all played back… or else, what’s the point (in the YouTube Age).

14 Likes

I’m heading over to the recliner, and do, nothing.

12 Likes

Somebody’s guardian angel deserves a raise.

10 Likes

My first thought was people in that industry must’ve been passing this around all day!

5 Likes

We had a mini-tramp, springboard, and pommel horse in middle school gym class. That was the more advanced gymnastic stuff they had us using in our awkward pre-teen years. I remember one kid in my class fell off the balance beam and hit her head, a feat that did not require a running start or a flying leap. What were they thinking?

4 Likes

Yep, they are clearly really excited to watch what the recording of what they just did. Kids these days…

But seriously, the most recent episode of RadioLab looks at how Candid Camera ushered in the era we are in today in which we are both audience and creator. I highly recommend it: Smile My Ass | Radiolab | WNYC Studios

6 Likes

Oh I dunno, that seems about right level of cautious to me!

7 Likes

I was always the voice of caution, and my friends were always doing things like this.

Now they’re all successful and largely happy, and I’m “safe”.

Probably not a statistically significant sample.

6 Likes