Killer cop Amber Guyger convicted of murder

Here’s some posts this horrible murderer made that CBS reported that came out in the trial:

*One meme Guyger saved on Pinterest read: “People are so ungrateful — no one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them.”

Another Pinterest post read: “I wear all black to remind you not to mess with me, because I’m already dressed for your funeral.” Guyger commented beneath the image, “Yeah I got meh a gun, a shovel and an gloves if i were u back da f---- up and get out of me f---- a—.”

Jurors saw text messages from Guyger’s phone sent as she worked a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in Dallas in 2018. When she received a message asking when the parade ended, she responded, “When MLK is dead…oh wait…”*

9 Likes

I suspect, without the preferential treatment, she would have had no defense at all. (And - small possibility - it might have revealed this wasn’t just an “accident” fueled by incompetence, but something more malicious.) So even their bumbling aid did help her, even if it didn’t change the outcome much.

5 Likes

Definitely a strong streaKKK of white supremacy running through her. Egads.

4 Likes

Why are there people who are still defending her? This isn’t the only comment thread I’ve seen where someone’s all, “but manslaughter tho” like the jury didn’t consider that, and won’t hear otherwise. Here’s the deal. She decided to stay in the apartment. She decided to pull her gun out. She decided to aim it at center mass. And she decided to shoot to kill. All of which she admitted in court. She was a murderer before the jury convicted her.

8 Likes
7 Likes

headline strangely implies it’s fine to kill a guy eating ice cream if you do it in the correct place

6 Likes

the victim impact statements are going on live. i live an hour from the trial. one of botham jean’s brothers just got through saying that he wants her to give her life to christ. that if she were to give her life to god he wouldn’t even want her to go to jail a day. he said that he had to love her as a person and forgive her because that is what his brother botham would have wanted. then he asked for and got permission to give her a hug.

it was approaching the sublime.

edited to share the moment. get your fucking kleenex ahead of time.

11 Likes

When Christians live up to their ideals…

hermionecrying

White conservative evangelicals could take a lesson here. But they won’t. They’ll scream and stomp their feet about how unfair this conviction is, how it’s evidence of “reverse racism”.

My heart goes out to Jean’s family.

18 Likes

ALSO: if Jean had killed Guyger in her apartment while she was eating ice cream he’d be on death row

16 Likes

i’m not a godbotherer but if more so-called christians showed the kind of spirit of which that young man is an exemplar it might make me question my doubts. sadly, his example is all too rare.

11 Likes

Y’all are making me cry just now. No YOU’RE crying, I’m not crying. :sob:

4 Likes

Less than I hoped for considering how blatantly a cover-up was attempted, but better than a slap on the wrist. 20 years would’ve sent a clearer message, if they were going to go “light”.

7 Likes

Good on him; he’s a better person than I am.

9 Likes

That’s very sweet, but my son is still alive, I want him to stay that way, and I don’t want her on the street, so I’m glad it’s not up to him.

4 Likes

White. American. Cop.

Given the history and present reality of American policing of Black people, why are you so surprised by yet another murder by the police? The murder of defenceless Black people without justification by American police is a completely routine event.

8 Likes

It wasn’t surprise. It is confusion over the situation and motive, over and above the typical “cops shoots innocent unarmed black man.” This incident does seem different.

not to impugn people’s emotions here, but there is a longstanding trope where black people are expected to forgive white crimes, and maybe we should question our responses to it

7 Likes

Why do you think I was crying?

it really was the unexpectedness of a christian to “turn the other cheek” that created the emotional response. in texas, in donald trump’s america.

no one expected him to forgive her crimes. other victim impact statements from the family proclaiming anger and hopes that “something happens” to her behind bars were more along the lines of what i expected from all of them. i did not expect to hear such a sentiment in such a quiet voice from a young man in texas.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes