Kimberly Guilfoyle forgets she is interviewing guest as she miserably picks at her hair (video)

Looking at the older photos, it’s arguable that he married a completely different woman.

3 Likes

It’s not nice to insult a person’s appearance but when it’s self-inflicted like that… She’s a woman in her 50s trying to force her face to look 20 years younger.

3 Likes

They aren’t married.

1 Like

They aren’t married now

They were 2001-2006

2 Likes

Yep. There’s always a few Boingers who go straight to the clothes, cosmetic choices, or other appearances for the women whose political positions we don’t like. Unfortunate but at least someone else called it out this time so I don’t have to. Thanks for that!

Let this be everyone’s 47th reminder that commenting on womens’ appearance is still not okay even if you don’t like them. Even if none of us like them. Even if nobody on earth likes them. Not okay. Criticize their ideas and their actions, then stop. You’re done! Congratulations on making the world a better place.

7 Likes

That is the look of a person who has “Made Some Choices” and doesn’t really know how they got to where they are now, selling fairy tales to adults and desperately hoping to regain some share of power.

4 Likes

Sorry, I missed part of that conversation and thought you were talking about Little Donnie Jr.

1 Like

Especially when its self inflicted. It shows they used their money and privilege to avoid the effects of aging and failed. Its like being happy when a wealthy person’s project crashes.

2 Likes

She’s not my favorite person but miserably picks at her hair? She adjusted it, it’s tv, that’s what they do.

I’ve participated in quite a few remote broadcasts for Detroit news stations, it’s fun to watch what they do as soon as they know the camera is off and how fast they get back into focus when the feed goes live.

Guilfoyle probably thought she wasn’t on screen.

5 Likes

I usually go with personality. Looks only if they have a degree of wealth and its a sign of overindulgence.

How do we feel about making fun of men’s appearances? Trump’s hair and orangeness , the stupid, moronic look on the faces of DeSantis and Tucker Carlson, etc. All seem to be fair game.

1 Like

That’s okay because it’s punching up. Men are not oppressed in our society for their appearance or lack thereof.

Holy cow- is it social justice 101 day today? Boingers know better than all this. I know we do.

11 Likes

I love doing it. All is definitely fair game when the person has a position of privilege and wealth. Doing it to poor and downtrodden is a bit tasteless.

1 Like

Get back to me when “making fun of men’s appearance” has the same impact on men as “making fun of women’s appearance” does for women.

ETA: jinxed. I should have kept reading.

7 Likes

coca cola coke GIF by The Coca-Cola Company

4 Likes

It’s friday, though:

CalculatingMiserableChimpanzee-size_restricted

7 Likes

Guilfoyle isn’t poor or downtrodden though.

1 Like

But she is a woman, and all of us at one time or another have to hear about our appearance - whether we are rich or poor.

The problem isn’t how she looks, it’s her politics. But some who would normally avoid such criticisms of women on the left, often feel completely justified in focusing on the appearance of conservative women, because that’s an acceptable form of misogyny on the left still to this day.

We should not focus on that, but on how she’s using her position of relative privilege to help usher in fascism.

8 Likes

That’s part of the story for Trump but in my mind what really makes it acceptable (though not especially helpful or productive) to ridicule that guy’s looks is that, for many, many years the asshole has made it his business to publicly criticize the appearance of women. People pointing out the rank hypocrisy of a man like him casting stones on physical appearance is to be expected.

I don’t care what Guilfoyle looks like. As far as I’m aware (although I’ve never looked into it) she hasn’t made insulting the physical appearance of others part of her personal brand, so it’s not relevant to the discussion.

5 Likes

Isobel Yeung is much better at this job than Guilfoyle, for a fully non-misogynistic critique.

Yeah women get a lot of abuse for their looks and I agree that’s bad, but I still think it’s fair game to criticize a fascist grifter who does a half-ass job for way-too-much money just to cling to fame and power for looking the part: vain, bored, self-involved and tacky.

5 Likes