Kimberly Guilfoyle scolds bored Mar-a-Lago ladies for ignoring her: 'You're being very bad'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/16/kimberly-guilfoyle-scolds-bored-mar-a-lago-ladies-for-ignoring-her-youre-being-very-bad.html

15 Likes

Stop trying to make “Be Best” happen. It’s not going to happen!

41 Likes
20 Likes

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

16 Likes

Her speech reminds me of Twister Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It”. One small segment in particular seems appropriate:

Oh, you’re so condescending, your gall is never ending
We don’t want nothing, not a thing, from you
Your life is trite and jaded, boring and confiscated
If that’s your best, your best won’t do

Apparently her speech and her positions would remind Dee Snider of the song too. From Wikipedia:

On August 26, 2022, in response to use of the song by far-right activists, Snider tweeted: “ATTENTION QANON, MAGAT [sic ] FASCISTS: Every time you sing ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ remember it was written by a cross-dressing, libtard, tree hugging half-Jew who HATES everything you stand for. It was you and people like you that inspired every angry word of that song! SO F**K OFF!”[26]

Hopefully once she realizes she can’t “be best” she’ll settle for “being gone”.

25 Likes

I was genuinely stunned to learn that she used to be married to Gavin Newsom, the current governor of California.

16 Likes

Yup. Newsom had a whole series of questionable decisions regarding romantic partners that’s going to come back to bite him when he runs for POTUS in 2028.

At least Guilfoyle wasn’t married to his campaign manager or a literal teenager when Gavin started dating her.

16 Likes

Looks like she gave her speech in a morgue.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Did she major in English at Trump University?

12 Likes

Her efforts to convert Mar-A-Lago guests into her army of mutant superbeings were unsuccessful.

19 Likes

You’d think at some point, these cling-ons around Trump’s anus would figure out that it’s literally only Donald Trump, Sr. any of these people like or care about. If Guilfoyle is introducing Trump, they’ll listen. If he’s not putting in an appearance, they don’t care.

17 Likes

Maybe she had one Botox shot too many. She thought she was speaking, but her lips weren’t actually moving.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s a human voice. kimberly gargoyle (or is it gargle?) indeed.

7 Likes

Dammit, I came here to post that exact quote!

8 Likes

It’s almost like she’s never spoken during meal service at any of those conference/convention appearances she does.

6 Likes

The whole Mar-a-Lago ladies reminds of the below book by the great Carl Hiaasen.
He created a group of characters called the “POTUS Pussies”, LOL.

Part One: Get a Grip

On January 23, Katherine ”Kiki" Sparling Pew Fitzsimmons (72) wanders onto the grounds of the exclusive Lipid Estate in Palm Beach after dinner during the annual “White Ibis Ball” to benefit victims of IBS. When she fails to return, a search of the grounds finds only her purse, an empty martini glass, and a rose-colored tablet of Ecstasy, bitten in half, littered next to the koi pond. Fitzsimmons’s best friend, Fay Alex Riptoad, demands that Palm Beach Chief of Police Jerry Crosby devote his department’s entire resources to finding her. Crosby has little choice but to comply, knowing that Fitzsimmons, Riptoad, and five other widowed Palm Beach socialites co-founded the “POTUS Pussies” (shortened to “Potussies” for media purposes); besides their considerable combined wealth, the women are all fiercely loyal supporters of the President of the United States, and frequent guests at his nearby “Winter White House”, Casa Bellicosa.

12 Likes

gawd, i love Hiaasen!

7 Likes

I do, too. Read all his “adult novels”. When this one came out, I bought it immediately and loved it.
Particularly since he put Skink in the book. One of my favorite fictional characters of all time.
Back like 30 years ago, a friend of mine (I usually refer to him as my “crazy friend Jim” for a variety of reasons too lengthy to get into here) who was also a voracious reader of crime fiction like me suggested at the time that if they made a movie out of one of the books with Skink in it, Tom Selleck should be cast in the role. And I have to admit, I think he would have been perfect.

6 Likes

It wasn’t dinner theatre, it was just diner drama.

5 Likes