Donald Trump ignored as he speaks to a very bored Mar-a-Lago crowd (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/donald-trump-ignored-as-he-speaks-to-a-very-bored-mar-a-lago-crowd-video.html

11 Likes

“Yeah, we’re just here to play golf because when he’s here the secret service diverts air traffic. It’s quiet then.” “Except here in the dining room right now…”

13 Likes

Phrasing!

I hope he remains a one-term president.

18 Likes

I hope the apathy on show at Maga-Laga translates to apathy in the voting booth.

24 Likes

crowds at trump rallies are often paid some amount to be there. (“Ya wave da flag dat gets ya an extra $25”) (one of many sources) They’re even often ‘discouraged’ from leaving early. So we’re approximately at the level of attending a pitch for a time-share in order to get a coupon for half off a pizza stage here.

17 Likes

Yeah, well . . . they’ll still vote for him, given the chance, so it’s hard for me to get much satisfaction out of this.

10 Likes

Sounded like a principal trying to get a middle school assembly started.

10 Likes

Love It GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

3 Likes

John - you need to go and represent the company there.

God damnit!

3 Likes

Does this mean the room was half-full, or, as I suspect to be true, his audience is actually half-empty?

Either of soul, heart or brain, take your pick.

4 Likes

So visitors to Merde Lago have to not only put up with bad food and bedbugs, but they’ve got to listen to some angry old man droning on and on incessantly?

4 Likes

Notice how the only people allowed in Mar-a-Lago look like people that have money. The wingnuts at his rallies would never get in. I’d like to see someone transport a bus load of people like this to Mar-a-Lago and then film what happens next so his followers can see what he really thinks of them.

12 Likes

Ugh, his sweatshirt looks to be a Firefly tie-in. Why does every sci-fi franchise have some subset of toxic, ill-groomed freaks like this in their fandom?

ETA: it appears the photo was actually an April Fools’ joke of sorts from Inked magazine.

10 Likes

Because it’s all make believe?

1 Like

Firefly has a bang of supporting the traitorous slave states in the civil war.

6 Likes

Apparently the man in the photo is the one who wrote the April Fools article for Inked. His name is Charlie Connell, and he still writes for Inked. I checked out his Xitter, and based on his posts (the vast majority of which are not political in any way), he’s definitely not a Trumper. Seems like a decent guy. He has some older posts supporting progressive Democrats in New Jersey.

14 Likes

Good to know! Thanks for clarifying.

6 Likes

That seems optomistic.

Oh, you mean one of those choices is half-empty, while the others are empty?
That still seems optomistic…

1 Like

Well, like Brainspore, I almost immediately noticed the Firefly shirt, and thought, “Oh no, please don’t tell me there’s a bunch of browncoat Trumpers out there.” There still may be, but this guy isn’t, thankfully.

9 Likes