Kindergarten principal fired after welcoming back students with pole dancers performance

I don’t have an issue with pole dancing as an art form, but it’s inappropriate for school children.

5 Likes

I had the same question! Your question moved me to Google it—

The Chinese Education System

The Chinese education system is divided into three years of kindergarten, six years of primary school, and three to six years of secondary education, often followed by several years of higher education.

…children often attend pre-school or kindergarten for about one to three years.

So, apparently: yes.

6 Likes

Other than our preconceived notions from its sordid past that kindergartners shouldn’t have, what makes it inappropriate?

I’m pretty sure the dancer wasn’t flinging her top off halfway through the routine or humping the pole or anything like that. For the kids it’s just an especially athletic and impressive form of dance.

Or maybe people are worried that the kids will become interested in it for the dance and cause embarrassment for the parents when they ask to take a class but all of the classes are offered by and for strippers?

4 Likes

There are no jokes left. There are only headlines now.

3 Likes

Based on parent responses, it clearly does. Which is kind of weird, actually, given that there’s nothing inherently sexy about pole dancing.

Yeah. There are honestly a lot sexier dances that are publicly acceptable, but apparently pole dancing is universally associated with strippers, so…

1 Like

“Hey kids, stay in school!”

Uh, yeah, she’s thrusting at the pole in this video. (NSFW??)

Note this was a professional pole dancer just doing what would be perfectly fine at an adult venue, not a teacher or something who took a class or two.

Kids are getting sexualized at younger and younger ages. Even “regular” dance classes can end up with some O_o examples of costumes and moves for their performance routines. They have their entire adult lives to be sex objects. Let’s let them be kids until then.

2 Likes

Headline made me think it was the principal doing a pole dance, which would have been much more impressive to me. My high school principal was a pretty good juggler and would bust out his skills at school assemblies, we all thought it was great and it didn’t get any complaints from parents (but, of course, we were a more mature audience).

1 Like

Kindergartners are lousy tippers anyway.

3 Likes

lady’s just trying to get some of that lunch money.

1 Like

Is this Kindergarten run by Rodrigo Duterte?

Pretty sure it does have these connotations in Asia as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.