Kitchen drawer requires old-timey three-factor authentication to open it

Originally published at: Kitchen drawer requires old-timey three-factor authentication to open it | Boing Boing

9 Likes

But is it susceptible to man-in-middle attacks?

18 Likes

Clearly, that antique drawer was designed with the brand-new gas cooker in mind.

10 Likes

If he’s willing to sell some of his strategic sponge reserves for a hand saw and sand paper, taking 2 cm off the side of the drawer’s face would let it open freely

18 Likes

Such opulence of kitchen space to have an entire drawer dedicated only to sponges!
I’m swooning!

16 Likes

Saw a situation like this recently (here? reddit? can’t remember) where the front face of the drawer slid to the left after you started pulling it out, allowing the drawer to open fully without all this extra effort.

12 Likes

Or you could just cut the corner off the drawer front. I’m probably being unfair here, but that doesn’t seem like the kind of kitchen where such a modification would ruin the aesthetics.

8 Likes

no, but susceptible to oven-in-middle attacks.

7 Likes

It is probably dedicated to sponges (as opposed to empty and unused) due to the lack of ease of access.

4 Likes

If it did, he could just trim off the “offending” piece and then put it back on, with a hinge so it folds away when needed.

3 Likes

Super funny and delightful. But I’m willing to bet upwards of $0.25 that the stove is not flush with the back of the wall. Probably a good push with his knee is all he really needs.

3 Likes

The fool has revealed the secret to opening the drawer. Now I shall steal his sponges and his plates and dishes will forever be unclean.
RJqFei

8 Likes

It is likely that was not the original stove from when the cabinets were built.
(The newer stove juts out further than before.)

2 Likes

Anoia has blessed this house.

6 Likes

The ending makes it.

We have a similar drawer, we use it for knives, but, now that the oven door has a damaged hinge and won’t stay sealed shut, the drawer comes out in just the right spot to put pressure on the curved door handle, keeping it closed.

4 Likes

Can you help finding the combination to do the dishes in this kitchen?

4 Likes

Came for the bad design, stayed for the sponges.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.