KKK accused killer previously busted with black male prostitute

[Permalink]

1 Like

+1 for the fact that “Gay Star News” is actually a thing that exists…

3 Likes

And he’s a Democrat.

Fargo, woodchipper…

1 Like

Geez, I hope he chooses to represent himself in court. “It’s not what it looks like! I was actually preparing to commit a violent hate crime!”

On the plus side, this is what one of the highest ranking members of a once-widely-respected national organization looks like. The KKK has been wheezing its last hateful breaths for years now.

4 Likes

Seems Miller is the third most common Jewish surname in the US. Huh. Probably just a coincidence (since it’s also a very common name), but still.

I understand that this post is meant to point out Miller’s hypocrisy, but it smacks too much of denigrating the sex worker in question for being black, gay, transgender, or all three.

8 Likes

Where did you infer that from?

4 Likes

That is what I got from this as well. He see’s someone as subhuman, so of course he has no compunction about treating them as a object.

1 Like

Do you mean you think this killer was trying to denigrate the sex worker or you think the tone of the post is doing so? I’m not seeing any indication of the latter.

3 Likes

A sex worker with a penis that was dressed as a woman, probably a woman.

I saw this quote on tumblr that I think sums it up nicely

It’s possible police catching them doing sexual acts was catching Miller assaulting/raping her or ultimately stopped him from beating or killing her because Miller says that was his intention, we don’t even know what happened to her because the story is fucked up and cares more about the sensational story of a KKK member supposedly having “gay sex” than what happened to a Black trans woman WHO WAS TARGETED BY A VIOLENT MURDERER AND MAY HAVE BEEN RAPED OR HARMED. Who is a human being who I’m sure police arrested and perhaps brutalized and is probably in prison right now, probably with male prisoners and still in danger. Who knows what is going to happen to her or happened to her.

It’ makes for a witty headline, sure. But the story deserves a little more reporting than it’s being given here.

I expect better from boingboing.

10 Likes

I expect it from the right, like this kkk guy, but I am sick of dealing with transmisogyny from the center and left too, like this story.

“male prostitute dressed as a female”

I am sick of this phrase, which usually refers to trans womyn, rather than men, despite being female, and often despite not being prostitutes, because apparently being trans is enough for the cops and the news to jump to conclusions…

I look at this story, and it looks like he was interested in violence against black trans womyn, not that he was interested in sex with black men.

5 Likes

What’s really weird is like 3 years ago the local alternative station interviewed this guy as he had placed these crazy ads running for state senate. Guy was nutty. Pulled out some crazy stat about blacks raping all the white women lol.

In this case the quote

Miller, now 73, was caught by Raleigh, N.C. police in the backseat of a car engaged in a sex act with a black male prostitute who was dressed as a woman…

Comes from a decidedly pro-LGBTI publication, The Gay Star News. I think it’s likely they weren’t intentionally promoting transmisogyny, but I don’t know what the proper etiquette is for quoting news items which make assumptions about gender identity.

4 Likes

Obviously the police report from the 1980s would not have recognized that a trans woman working as a sex worker was a woman, and the reporters were presumably unable to make contact with the sex worker in question. But I think you are jumping to unwarranted conclusions here.

Being a trans woman is not the only reason that a man might wear a dress. In fact, it is pretty easy to imagine why a man who is trying to sell sex to other men in North Carolina in the 1980s might be superficially disguised as a woman (enough to fool onlookers at a distance, say). It also could have had an impact on his appeal to white pretending-not-to-be-gay-and-to-be-disgusted-by-black-people demographic that he was largely serving.

I understand why we shouldn’t jump to conclusions about the sex worker, but that is exactly what we shouldn’t do: jump to conclusions. If you read the full story then you know the “male prostitute in a dress” is so described by Raleigh police in the 80s, and you can take that description with the appropriate grain of salt.

2 Likes

sees self out

8 Likes

Yes, what we need to know more about is the victim. Without more details how can we blame the victim?

2 Likes

I don’t know about The Gay Star News, but there are certain sections of the Lesbian and Gay community who are transphobic. The same people are often biphobic too.

5 Likes

I actually think this is fully in line with the KKK’s thought process, in that blacks (or other non-white males) are objects to be used. They dehumanize ‘others’.

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of the word “Person.”

Or of not reposting stories that don’t actually have anything to say.

This whole post is essentially “Horrible person did different, potentially ironic, horrible thing.”

It’s not worth talking about.