Knight Rider theme performed on banjo and accordion

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/20/knight-rider-theme-performed-o.html

7 Likes

That made me cry.

8 Likes

Stunningly good.
And bonus points for the Red Box shirt

8 Likes

Was that a… a bass ukulele?

6 Likes

While wearing a “Dungeons&Dragons” t-shirt, no less. If this isn’t peak nerd, it’s wonderfully close to it.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 5-string banjo where the 5th string peg wasn’t on the side of the neck at the 4th fret.

My first thought was it’s a miniature acoustic bass with silicon rubber strings. But upon further reading, there are a couple of products which fit that description but one of them calls it a “bass ukulele”, which is odd because it uses a standard bass tuning EADG.

But those fat strings remind me of the Ashbory (formerly Guild Ashbory) bass:

fender-ashbory-bass-xl

6 Likes

OMG, Xenon 2 and that alien shop keeper going “Braaak braka-brak!”

1 Like

Um, I got a natural composite of cellulose fibers that are strong in tension and embedded in a matrix of lignin that resists compression.

3 Likes

18 Likes

I think this version would really perk up the chase scenes in Deliverance.

1 Like

I was thinking the same. Super odd.

Really looks more like a Guitar-Banjo where they skipped the 6th string. I guess such a creature could exist.

3 Likes

Not quite a bass ukulele, but pretty close (the tuning is different).

2 Likes

2 Likes

An understandable reaction - if you’re REALLY into that kind of performance, I guess. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.