Knives in a gun fight

We’re gonna have to disagree with that one. One could probably do more damage with one or two of those than a handgun in a crowded situation.

But there’s knives designed for cooking and knives designed for fighting- that’s the grey area.

1 Like

From your article, “left 37 students slightly wounded and two adults with serious injuries“. Doesn’t seem comparable. Also reminds me of this,

1 Like

Knives designed for cooking are single edged. Knives designed for fighting are double edged.

2 Likes

you mean “sporting knives”

/s

4 Likes

It does not matter if it’s a chef’s knife, a steak knife, a pairing knife, or a switch blade, I’m going to feel threatened for my life if someone attacks me with it.

3 Likes

Maybe not a butter knife, although some of those have a tiny serration so…eahh.

I’ll be obvious. Except in limited situations, firearms can inflict much more damage than edged weapons. Swords, daggers, straight-razors, spring-loaded stilettos and switchblades, are indeed lethal. Firearms are easier, faster, and longer ranged. I don’t feel threatened by a butterknife at 25 yards.

2 Likes

Yes, you will. That’s a time in my past I will never forget. Daily attempts to hurt or kill me, for quite some time.

How is it I’m here telling you about it now? Because my attacker didn’t have access to a gun in those days.

12 Likes

May you never run into this guy in a dark alley.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.