Knoxblox's Re-Animated Blank Canvas

Just a heads up, I received one payment yesterday that brought my amount needed down to $430. I am putting the finishing touches on the hibiscus flowers this morning and will post the finished product later.

3 Likes

More infoā€¦Samā€™s bicycle is now repaired. New brake pads, new chain, and fully adjusted. I will be mailing out some more paintings this week, provided I can get through the only pedestrian lane due to closures.

7 Likes

AVAILABLE!
I think itā€™s finished. It feels finished. Iā€™ll just keep an eye on it for a day to make sure I havenā€™t missed anything.

BETTER DETAILS! I recently read an article from a graphic novel inker who mentioned using watercolor brushes with some springiness to them. Iā€™d been told oils will destroy a watercolor brush, but Iā€™ve also read recently that it doesnā€™t happen overnight, so if you can get a few good paintings out of it, it should be worth the sacrifice.
Anyway, my new Windsor & Newton Galeria series works great with details like vines, branches, and clearly deliniated edges. I think it will help me work more quickly.

In the meantime, I am financially spent. I need to pay everything ā€” internet and phone are about to be cut off, I have no kitty litter or food for the cats, and I need to pay rent. Selling this would cover most of that.

OCTOBER SALE: One thing that will be happening next year in California is fast food chain employees will have their minimum wage increased to $20/hr. Understanding that I too deserve a living wage, my prices will mirror that increase in April 2024, $800 per basic 1 square foot painting, 40 hoursā€™ work.

I have the ability to invest some cash to supplement my income, but sadly I donā€™t have the cash. If I could gain 10 commissions during October (no promises for Christmas, Hanukkah, or other gift-giving holidays), Iā€™d have the ability to sustain myself regardless of art sales.

I am offering a 20% discount ā€“ a markdown to $520 until the end of October or 20 commissions are collected, whichever comes first. I can even gift box a voucher to your intended recipient, so they may decide on their own subject matter.

Sale GIF by AGOA HOME

9 Likes

Beautiful work!

4 Likes

Revteamoriginals2019 Abi Bock GIF by Originals

Hey, folks! Remember the hibiscus painting above?

It turns out Iā€™m going to be receiving some help in the form of work tools and other assistance from a longtime friend in the next few days which will help me get everything I currently must finish out the door before Christmas, and stuff I currently need to mail out the door before Halloween. Iā€™ll have a clean slate for a change.

That said, itā€™s going to take a few days for his check to clear, so if I can sell this hibiscus painting at 50% off, it will help me bridge the gap between now and then (you know, kitty litter, mailbox rent, some new brushes and stuff like that).

Thatā€™s only $325!

With a new cellular account from Consumer Cellular, Iā€™ve been able to add Venmo to my current platforms of PayPal and Google Pay, so if thatā€™s your preference Iā€™d like to try it and see if it cooperates for me.

Any interest?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.