Koch brothers publish letter crowing about all the ways Trump spent the year carrying water for them

They’re going to be in for a shock in the coming elections that more of their boys get replaced at all levels by more left leaning folks (not necessarily Democrats). I wonder if these guys got plans to move their stuff to Cyprus yet. They’ll need to start doing it if they want to keep their shiny toys after the next eight years of hell their ilk will experience.

1 Like

Blatant? Did you read it?

There is nothing blatant about it, that is what is so scary. That document is a masterwork of propaganda positioning. They have thousands of people doing their bidding thinking that they are helping America, that THEY wear the white hats.

This is the very face of evil.

I hear you. Empathy is the most crucial element and without it, we have no chance.

Referring to rules of argument was unclear thinking on my part. “A factual argument” might have been better.

Clarifying my thoughts, I’m thinking of, for example, the “poor people should pull themselves up by their bootstraps” kind of thinking. Or “America First,” or “Build the wall.” Lack of empathy is of course foremost. But being able to discuss these issues with people who believe in them has never worked for me. Invariably, they make their point by citing Fox News facts, getting angry, and using personal attacks.

I don’t know how to change their minds when their facts are wrong and a personal attack is their grounds for dismissing what I say.

1 Like

I estimate that there are approximately 10,000 people who could make a significant positive contribution to the human species as a whole by leaving this planet. These two bastards top the list.

2 Likes

“when the citizens, lapsed into servitude, have no longer either freedom or will: then fear and flattery change voting into acclimation; people no longer deliberate, they worship or they curse.” Rousseau

2 Likes

Actually, I think they are scratching his balls, not patting his head, all the better to be ready to inflict attention-getting pain when it becomes necessary.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.