Kool Moe Dee proves that new music video thing has a future

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/08/kool-moe-dee-proves-that-new-m.html

5 Likes

How have I never seen that before?

1 Like

Dr. Yo seems to have taken a page from Biz

I give a lot of credit to Moe Dee for being one of the few (possibly only?) old school rappers that was able to update his complexity in the post-Rakim rap landscape. he never could recover from the beef with LL, though.

2 Likes

This is the second best rap music video I’ve ever seen. The first being, of course, Christmas in Hollis.

3 Likes

Perhaps you should . . . (ahem) . . . “go see the doctor.”

3 Likes

That’s KMD in the center. Hard to recognize without the shades and his voice is a bit higher here.

2 Likes

I mean, KMD absolutely demolished LL at pretty much every turn. Verse 3 of Let’s Go? Holy shit, man. The Kangol under the tire of his jeep? Classic.

But in the end, LL sold more records and was a great self-promoter, which is probably why everybody knows who LL Cool J is and why KMD fell into obscurity. Such is the way of the world. I doubt the beef made much of a difference in the end.

6 Likes

“I go to work - Like an architect
I build a rhyme some times it climbs so erect
Skyscrapers look like atoms
Cars electrons rollin’ in patterns”

Simply beautiful.

Even today this song’s title is my mantra whenever I find myself not fully committing to a given endeavor.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.