Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is dead. Long live Kraft Mac & Cheese

There is a noodle smile? The most recognizable asset is the blue and orange coloring.

They could literally put a dumpster fire on the box, and if it was blue and orange, no one would notice.

4 Likes

meh. i’ll just make my own. with lobster.
and cheese grits. no, Mitt, not cheesy grits.

full disclosure: i love kraft mac-n-cheese with bacon and habanero sauce… still mine’s better.

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but the food they serve at Homeroom in Oakland, CA is amazing.

1 Like

The only reason I eat the stuff at all is because my wife grew up with it. My mom always made mac and cheese from scratch, and that is the way I prefer it. Not that I think it’s not “real cheese” or anything; I’m fine with pasteurized process cheese. And it’s not like I think any version of the dish is health food. But the Kraft stuff is just boring. If I’m gonna put that much unhealthy food in my body, I want to taste it.

4 Likes

Slack & Sleeze

Now with 30% less product. Same low price!

1 Like

Came here to say this. The box will be smaller and will contain more industrial waste, I guarantee it. Learn to make mac & cheese at home, it’s not hard.

1 Like

I grew up on Kraft macaroni and cheese but ever since they came out with spirals and cheese they quickly became my favorite.

We’ll cook up a box on those days when we’re just too tired for any real cooking. Throw some chicken nuggets in the air fryer and all is good.

Big difference from the way I make it and the wife makes it. I use extra butter, she use spray butter. She’s only thinking of my heart but you gotta live once in a while.

My grandma always made it from scratch with Velveeta and bread crumbs. Never a fan of Velveeta though.

But the very best macaroni and cheese is the half hotel pan from Costco. Haven’t had a house full of people in a couple years to justify a pan but someday…

2 Likes

Why? It’s already not cheese. Last I checked, there isn’t a form of real cheese that’s a dry powder.

2 Likes

If they stop making the effort to put “cheese food” or “cheese product” on the label, they’ve probably found a legal way to use something more toxic and less tasty. :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I realize I’m probably in the minority here, but I don’t see how it could be less tasty.

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: Shh! Do you want box flavor? Because that’s how they wind up making yellow-orange cardboard sauce*…

*Full disclosure, I haven’t eaten Kraft Mac & Cheese for many years, and hope they haven’t already crossed the line into completely flavorless territory. :grimacing:

1 Like

Same. I literally never noticed the noodle smile. The box design as a whole was always very recognizable though. The new one looks like a cheap knockoff to me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I have advised Oklahoma Troubadour and one-man-band Mike Hosty to enlist the services of a copyright attorney post-haste.

This guy has “powdered whey” which is not so entirely different from powdered cheese.

Skip to 19:25 for powdered cheese reference…

1 Like

Is “air fryer” a fancy new word for “toaster”?

Basically a convection toaster oven.

1 Like

I have two Kraft Dinner (the proper Canadian English) stories.

Late teens, drop out of school, kicked out of house, stay with militia buddies until I join regular forces. We lived on very little money. We once stole a case of 48 Kraft Dinner off the loading dock of a nearby A&P. We staged it as a military operation, determined the details by observing for a few day, etc. Wore camo and such for the mission. Not real uniforms! We weren’t that dumb.

My mom made the most delicious macaroni & cheese often for lazy simple Sunday supper. Bag of elbow mac, most, if not all of a jar of Kraft Cheese Whiz (think Velveeta but a bit darker orange). Heavens! Occasionally ruined by the addition of roughly chopped canned tomatoes. Which I had to eat because there was no picking out the tomatoes in our house.

I’m nearly 60 and I still have a pot of Kraft Dinner once every couple months. Yes, a pot. Both in a pot and a pot of. The one it was cooked in, obviously.

Yes, it’s not as good as it once was. Nothing ever is. I add a few TB of “cheese powder” from the bulk store. Nutritional yeast if I’ve stock. And at least twice the butter. NOT MARGERINE YOU HEATHENS!

Good Times!

I’m just going to drop this one in:

5 Likes