Kremlin says no need to probe Navalny illness— poisoning? Why would you even think that

Well, they want know how effective it was.

You know, so they can do a better job with the next one.

2 Likes

Quite frankly, I’m surprised Putin’s stopped using polonium as his poison of choice. None of this pesky survival business when there’s a radioactive isotope involved.

3 Likes

Problem is that anything radioactive is trivial to locate. Nerve agents, OTH, are safe and easy to transport (from a detection standpoint).

3 Likes

Altria also uses the clandestine brand Mission Winnow.

3 Likes

Exactly. Putin will pull the Henry II defence, effectively saying “ Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?”
More or less asking someone to bump the bloke off without a direct set of instructions to do so, thus shrugging and saying, “sorry, nothing to do with me, guv, I have no control over what others choose to do in their free time, like visiting Salisbury to see the world-famous cathedral…”

3 Likes

Yep, why would you use a recognized assassination method if you didn’t want to send a message?

Transport police in Siberia said they have started a “pre-investigation check” into what led to Navalny’s hospitalization in the city of Omsk, to establish “all the circumstances” and decide whether or not to open a criminal investigation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.