Kremlin says no need to probe Navalny illness— poisoning? Why would you even think that

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/25/kremlin-says-no-need-to-probe.html

5 Likes

I mean, would there much point in a Kremlin investigation anyway? It would be about as productive as having Ivanka and Don Jr investigate their dad…

19 Likes

“It’s so funny you think it’s poisoning. And even if it is, every regime does it to their opponents…”

20 Likes

Wouldn’t pushing the Russians to investigate come up with the culprit being someone else Putin doesn’t like?

17 Likes

Yes, or worse,

“Why are you thinking so much about poisoning? Maybe you poisoned him? Is this guilt causing you to feel this way?”

It’s said in the old days, those sent to the Lubyanka were taken to the lower levels, and on that level there’s a long hallway. You were walked down it in horror of where you were going, but you never made it there, you were shot from behind while walking down the hall.

Now it is probably more friendly. You are probably just invited over for tea.

8 Likes

While he won’t admit it, he won’t let anyone else take the credit. This is all about sending a message pour encourager les autres.

13 Likes

It’s obviously just an acute hypopatriotic episode. That’s officially classified as a natural cause.

6 Likes

“Is probably just bad mayonnaise… not that you should test the mayonnaise.”

6 Likes

No need to investigate until you find the specific toxin. Too bad we used something that breaks down within the 2 days we preventing him from leaving the country!

8 Likes

Putin freaking loves this stuff. It’s a power flex that lets him murder his political enemies in public but with just enough deniability to avoid entanglements with the international criminal court.

14 Likes

8 Likes

The Charité is one of the best hospitals in Germany, if not the EU. They have some of the best doctors. If those doctors say it was poison, I believe those doctors.

11 Likes

Poisoned? Maybe.

It’s not like he “fell out of a window” which accidentally seems to happen very frequently in some countries.

3 Likes

that was the phase use for salisbury incident…

3 Likes

Or else the investigation would “reveal” that Navalny poisoned himself just to embarrass Putin.

6 Likes

Ha, classic Navalny!

4 Likes

“There must be a reason for an investigation. For the moment, all you and I see is that the patient is in a coma,” Peskov told reporters on a conference call.

Translation: “We can put you into a coma, also… so watch your step.”

5 Likes

Always remember: the USSR may have gone away, but the a-holes who ran it never went anywhere.

4 Likes

In the same sense that Philip-Morris “went away” when company changed its name to Altria.

6 Likes

I’ve seen people (read: pro-Russian trolls, paid or volunteer) suggest that some Western intelligence service poisoned Navalny, to pin the blame on poor innocent Putin.

9 Likes