Kristi Noem cancels tour for her lie-filled memoir (video)

I’m sure people will find a use for her book.

IMG_3969

8 Likes

Yeah, it really doesn’t seem like anyone can blame the ghostwriter for any of what happened here. I don’t know if it’s the same ghost writer who worked on the first book, but apparently they were one of the people who successfully convinced her to removed the story from that book, and reading between the lines, the ghostwriter was one of the people trying to convince her again on this book. Which is just really amazing - she kept the story after groups of people tried to convince her to remove it not just once, but on two separate occasions. Noem has the political instincts of a lemming, apparently.

I actually feel sorry for Kristi Noem’s ghostwriter, something I never thought I’d say. Despite doing what they could to prevent Noem from self-immolating, it’ll probably still somehow end up damaging their career, even though Noem was careful to never give them any credit for their work.

8 Likes

Honestly I was imagining something like what’s described here:

Basically just starry-eyed writer hopefuls who are paid starvation wages to ghost write whatever garbage book idea is thrown their way in a fraction of the time it would take to put some real care into it. Word-processor zombies who probably have had the joy of writing completely squeezed out of them for some sleazebag to make a few dollars off Amazon alternative toilet paper. Writers who deserve MUCH better but haven’t realized it yet.

Rs are nothing if not cheap, and will easily go with whatever costs the least, and probably stiff them at the end, too.

8 Likes

She used the same excuse to bail on an appearance on Greg Gutfeld’s show, which is filmed in New York, where she already was because she gave an interview to Stuart Varney earlier that day. Gutfeld wasn’t happy (not that I give a shit if he’s happy). He spent the first few minutes of the show just mercilessly roasting her.

10 Likes

Came to say the same thing. I strongly doubt the youth ministers I had growing up had credentials of the sort mentioned in the post.

5 Likes

Yeah, ok, actually…Noem is right on this one. What investigators found was that he wasn’t on his phone at the exact second he hit the pedestrian. He was, however, on his phone right before the incident, something he himself eventually admitted. The whole story is disturbing, and Ravnsborg should probably be in jail, but he’s not.

5 Likes

There’s a problem dogging her. Nipping at her heels. Howling at the moon.

9 Likes

Is it too much to hope that the dog story is also a lie? It’d be really great for her to self-destruct her career without a real puppy (and goat) having to have been murdered.

10 Likes

IMG_0358

9 Likes

In Noem’s case, it sounds like Hachette provided an actual professional ghostwriter. It seems likely it’s someone they have on tap for their prestige “Twelve Books” imprint, providing services for all the political figures and other semi-celebrities whose bios they publish. So presumably a step or two up from internet ghostwriter scams.

5 Likes

Which makes the whole sorry spectacle even weirder.

6 Likes

It also means the ghostwriter had the good sense to tell her not to include that particular story (and perhaps others as well), and she insisted on having it in anyways, because she’s the boss! Despite the fact that there was basically no expectation that anyone would ever read the book. The ghostwriter has better political instincts than Noem.

6 Likes

That bar might have fallen into the Challenger Deep though.

6 Likes

Kristi Noem, the lying, incompetent, puppy-shooting charlatan masquerading as the governor of South Dakota,

@frauenfelder I continue to appreciate your creative epithets.

Why is this person such a fucking liar? I mean, just what the hell.

5 Likes

11 Likes
10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.