Trump’s VP hopeful proudly describes killing a puppy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/26/trumps-vp-hopeful-proudly-describes-killing-a-puppy.html

14 Likes

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”

What a piece of shit this woman is.

72 Likes

Well, if there were any serial killers still on the fence, that’s going to be a tough act for Team Biden to follow.

53 Likes

It’s like Republican hopefuls saw what happened when stories about Mitt Romney’s cruelty to the family dog alienated voters and the lesson they took away was “not monstrous enough.”

45 Likes

“…and they kill puppies!” is suppose to be part of a joke, damn lady.

As an south dakotan, reading this I can only shake my head and just go, “F***ing idot.”

32 Likes

tom cruise projector GIF

49 Likes

I’ve known a few folks who see dogs only as wild animals, you know, the sort who leave their dogs outside all the time Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Usually rural or farmer types who have no attachment other than pride if the dog retrieves a duck or quail or not or scares away the random hiker. Some of these folks have no issue at all putting down a dog for a variety of reasons. It’s a way of life much like the gun culture is in much of 'murica.

This sounds like manufactured bravado much like Palin has done with the killing of wolves, moose, etc. Something about shooting them from helicopters comes to mind.

Problem is that the dog was a family pet not a hunting dog tied to a run and kept in pens. If a pet doesn’t work out you don’t effing shoot it, you give it away to a friend or a neighbor or a shelter as a last resort. The inhumanity of this incident is sickening. Pitty the poor children in her care.

30 Likes

I’m betting Noem’s kids are eventually going to have some really horrific stories to tell.

21 Likes

Ever pull the wings off a fly? Wanna see the fly get even?

7 Likes

Putting down animals at high risk of danger to humans is understandable.

Telling the story as a badge of honor…

Makes me nostalgic for the days when Republican candidates only went as far as giving their pets a ride on the roof of their car.

6 Likes

I don’t think that’s what happened. I think she was just lazy and is telling this story to look tough.

[ETA] Plus, if your going to “put down” an animal, there are better ways of going about it, than dragging it out to a gravel pit and shooting it, FFS.

37 Likes

Words fucking fail me. The cruelty, it burns.

Hey, you know what else burns? This little bastard:

Someone should lock them up together in at 10’ X 10’ X 10’ box

12 Likes

A 14 m.o. puppy? It’s either bullshit or she had been abusing it to cause that kind of behavior. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

44 Likes

Trump famously hates dogs, so maybe the real reason she shared this story was for an audience of one.

The joke is on her if that’s the case. He is also disgusted by anyone who would dirty themselves to work with animals in the first place.

32 Likes

Pittsburgh You Get It GIF by Mike Hitt

30 Likes

I’m a bit surprised that she admitted to botching the job with the goat.

Does the depraved indifference to unnecessary suffering really compensate for the blatantly inadequate marksmanship in Real 'Murica points?

14 Likes

I can not speak for the vet I have worked with for decades to keep my pets healthy, but I feel sure she would not advise terminating a 14-month-old poorly trained dog for killing chickens. I wonder if she consulted with her vet and the breeder or rescue we can assume she got the “hunting dog” from.

26 Likes

Agreed. And certainly not in this manner.

Probably not, because no real American would ever consult an expert… That’s just too woke.

21 Likes

When we only have the word of someone who admits taking a dog out to a gravel pit and shooting it in the back of the head I feel confident saying the dog isn’t the animal that’s a potential danger here.

29 Likes

12 Likes