Noem's heartless puppy-slaying was a job audition for the cruelest U.S. President in history

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/27/noems-heartless-puppy-slaying-was-a-job-audition-for-the-cruelest-u-s-president-in-history.html

9 Likes

Not many people hate dogs, but there are exceptions.

17 Likes

Reboing:

12 Likes

That tracks.

15 Likes

oxoyi

14 Likes

Of course, the “benefit” of this assumes that Trump remembers he’s supposed to pick a Vice Presidential candidate at all at this point. Or that he doesn’t try to get both jobs for himself. (Or, the theory I refuse to let go of until I see proof otherwise–he tries to get Ivanka to do it. Maybe even Tiffany. He might not remember which one is which at this point.)

10 Likes

Cruelest US President in History? Is she joining the Andrew Jackson administration?

11 Likes

I’m convinced it’s not just about appealing to dog-hating Donald Trump, though. It’s a message: “If you’re sufficiently problematic, I’m cool with murdering you.”

22 Likes

That post is linked in the post above

7 Likes

Okay, recent history. I’m certain that if 45 becomes 47, he will allow his stooges to make every effort to beat the score while he’s off winning cheating at golf “tournaments.”

10 Likes

Published in the earliest days of Trump’s presidency, when the silliest of pontifications were made.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/andrew-jackson-donald-trump-populist-president-history-214705/

10 Likes

… recent occupants of the Office always loom extra large in the critical imagination

SEE ALSO: what everybody said about Nixon during the 1970s

4 Likes

35 Likes

While I have no doubt she did as she said, isn’t this just an allegory? Isn’t she just telling Trumpy and the power/monied interests behind him that she has no problems taking out any individual or group that they don’t like? She’s showing them she has the cruelty that they want for their post-Trumpy days.

4 Likes

when “Tough Love” starts to colonize the space occupied by love.

9 Likes

If she can shoot the family dog without reservations, she is the right woman to lead the GOP!

1 Like

Maybe this is simply the way Republicans remix the Checkers speech.

7 Likes

It’s a family values thing for Republicans.

5 Likes

Cruella de Governor

6 Likes

Imagining this becoming the official qualifying action for all new applicants to the (hypothetical) second Trump administration.
“All right, you’ve expressed your desire to be part of our team. Now it’s time for the litmus test. Kill your dog.”

5 Likes