La-La Land Records: movie and TV soundtracks for the absolutely obsessed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/29/la-la-land-records-movie-and.html

1 Like

Thanks for making me aware of this company. I’m not obsessive enough to buy these sets, but I do like soundtracks a lot.

1 Like

The big problem with scores like this is that all too often the tracks are over in less than a minute and then it’s on to the next thing.

I reckon they could make rather tremendous scratch if they managed to get Alf Clausen’s work on The Simpsons, especially with the publicity from his retirement.

1 Like

Meh. If I’m going to buy physical media it’s going to be vinyl. Not out of any delusion of audio superiority but because it’s a nicer physical object to own.

As a ST-TOS fanatic, I bought the Star Trek set from La-La when they released it a few years back. It really is amazing. Alternate takes, unused music … it’s literally (not figuratively, literally) got every piece of music recorded for the series, and then some (and by that, I mean the newly recorded versions of the theme song done for the Remastered version of the series). I have some of their other sets as well. They do good work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.