LA news show slut shames weather forecaster on air

Agree. It’s a nice black dress. I am not female, but I don’t think it meets the criteria for “The little black dress”.

4 Likes

Well, what can we say, we women just can’t be trusted to make our own choices…

12 Likes

Evidently her arms were the problem? Because the sweater didn’t hide anything else. I like how she tied it up to make it cute, like, “This is what I think of your frumpy sweater,” but man, I think I would have stormed out the door.

9 Likes

the Church Lady sent a lot of emails.

6 Likes

Apparently, that wasn’t even the dress she chose that day, but what she was originally wearing didn’t work on camera so they had to find her something else real quick.

My friend is suggesting she show up tomorrow in a green unitard and do the weather as a floating head.

32 Likes

OH, I get it NOW!!! women’s bodies are shameful and should be covered at all times…hahahahaha! what a great joke. someone get that lady a burka! Thanks for pointing that out @Moth… \s

:sob:

37 Likes

We can see her and sinful eye-make up! Clearly, she needs a walk of SHAME!!!

13 Likes

Roger.

The Weekend Weather is Good
The Body is Evil

Zardoz has Spoken

30 Likes

Giving your talent notes during a broadcast is pretty low. But letting your web comments section guide your production choices, is criminally stupid. Yeesh!

15 Likes

YOU! Your style!

I like it.

10 Likes

A green burqa . . . she could just be a floating pair of eyes and hands.

26 Likes

yes, you were. And you fell flat on your blessed pointy little head.

edited to add: Welcome, new community member! Thank you for explaining the rules to us.

21 Likes

Wouldn’t that be like Labyrinth?

1 Like

When she asked why, the man who handed her the sweater told her, “We’re getting a lot of emails.”

Man, I could not decipher what he said for the longest time today. I kept thinking, “gaudiness?” But it sounded more like “glautiness.”

1 Like

That’s pretty much what she says, as it turns out…

Personal Thoughts on the LBD/Sweater Moment that Went Viral

http://lifeofliberte.com/personal-thoughts-on-the-sweater-incident-that-went-viral/

4 Likes

Considerate of her to have a sense of humor about it since she apparently wasn’t in on the joke. Still not funny.

All her coworker needs to do is say, My spur of the moment joke was in poor taste, and I apologize for implying that women need to cover up their bodies.

It won’t satisfy everyone, but acknowledging the sexism of the joke would be a public service.

17 Likes

That sounds like a professional who wants to keep her job. In fact, it sounds a lot like @ChickieD’s link about how women are pushed to de-escalate sexist incidents.

29 Likes

no kidding! and the internet comments were asking her to put on more clothes? must be a different internet…

7 Likes

And the “jokes” we’re sexist garbage, as is your interpretation/endorsement of them.

You’re just not a very funny person.

10 Likes