A 2nd on-air reporter this week says she's speaking to Project Veritas

Originally published at: A 2nd on-air reporter this week says she's speaking to Project Veritas | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Translation:

“Shady rich white men just promised me a shit ton more money than I’m making with this weather gig, so I hereby resign. See you in Hell!”

44 Likes

I wonder what pitch O’Keefe or his right-wing sugar daddies are making to these Weather Idiots. I can’t assume there’s a promise of monetary compensation, since these dimwits might not grasp the concept of consequences and actually may believe they’ll keep their jobs.

26 Likes

Wow it would be creepy to watch that live as they go off-script like manipulated robots hitting a glitch. Did the promise of “tomorrow” come true or are we still wating on what the “non-profit group that I found called Project Veritas” is going to announce? And what things is Fox, of all places, keeping her from saying?

This is creepy.

12 Likes
  1. I do not doubt there is discrimination. See: every lawsuit FOX has had to settle. So, yes, at the bones of EDIT one of these stories, there’s an ongoing, serious issue to be attacked and resolved.

2. Project Veritas is not the solution and not remotely a reliable outlet for those accusations and will only serve to undermine your case.

12 Likes

The only thing is we know what Hecker’s issue was. She wasn’t allowed to push quack COVID cures. So while there are definitely issues with Fox, they aren’t complaining about the legit ones.

30 Likes

Came here to say exactly this. Spot. On.

3 Likes

The first reporter was a local Fox affiliate, not Fox News. Very different. This one seems to be on a CBS affiliate.

14 Likes

Ah, right, I’d already forgotten what her beef was. Thanks for the reminder.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Channel 26 and Channel 62… I smell a conspiracy.

11 Likes

tumblr_71f0d9d13a886cc7decceb2b8101ec5d_79f5340a_500

25 Likes

If these asshats are involved, it s nothing any of us would recognize as “discrimination.” Maybe “They won’t let me preach the truth of our Lord and Savior, Il Douche?”

12 Likes

It’s like having your story shut down by your editor so you turn to a guy who promises to get it scrawled on all the best walls of the local truck stop bathrooms.

15 Likes

Let’s see, 2+ 6 = 8, and 6 + 2 = … my God, it’s also 8!!

I smell George Soros!

16 Likes

Prediction: CBS isn’t allowing her to air her opinions on how global warming is fake.

12 Likes

And you know what 88 stands for…

Hey, we don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

18 Likes

I’m imagining the latest one is upset they won’t allow her to talk about Qanon while doing the weather forecast.

10 Likes

That would make a strange “sense”. There’s a connection between Project Veritas’ chief lawyer (probably the money guy and keeping James O’Keefe out of jail) and the owner of 8chan/8kun, Jim Watkins.

5 Likes

Wonder what showstopper this is going to be? The first one who promised a sensational story from Veritas turned out to be complaining that Fox didn’t do enough Bitcoin and hydroxychloroquine stories:

11 Likes

CBS 62 in Detroit doesn’t even have a local news team. They just have a few weather forecasters who do interstitial segments during other shows. It’s hardly a prestigious position within the Detroit metro market.

2 Likes