Fox TV reporter accuses it of "muzzling" her during unrelated local news segment, promises big reveal from Project Veritas

Originally published at: Fox TV reporter accuses it of "muzzling" her during unrelated local news segment, promises big reveal from Project Veritas | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That is certainly…a way of saying it…

36 Likes

I found a non-profit journalism group called Project Veritas that is going to help put that out tomorrow, so tune in then."

Just happened to find them, eh? Just browsing around the intertubes and . . . wot?!? . . . there they were. Serendipity.

If she had any courage whatsoever, she’d resign her job at Fox in protest over this “muzzling.”

29 Likes

That she’s just now discovered this pack of creepy and rapey fraudsters and considers them a “non-profit journalism group” tells us all we need to know about the calibre of her own reporting. If this weather idiot is very lucky, the HR department of ONAN (sic) may not delete her e-mail and CV. Otherwise, the trash can will be the fate of the many such messages she’ll be sending out to other outlets as her job at this Fox affiliate winds down over the next few hours.

29 Likes

Fox vs “Veritas”?

89c

38 Likes

This weird renaissance for project veritas is gross, it’s not like they suddenly stopped being a Koch funded disinformation campaign for the far-right.

22 Likes

No, “I have been silenced!” cartoon yet?

3 Likes

a non-profit journalism group called Project Veritas

27 Likes

It must be increasingly difficult for the people who do hiring at Fox to tell the difference between people who knowingly live a life of doublespeak in service of the network’s propaganda from the people who actually believe the lie-half of the doublespeak.

33 Likes

She puts FOX in a tough place - she should have her ass fired for that unprofessional stunt. Yet if they do take action, could look bad on them.

You don’t shit on your employer live on air like that, unless you are dropping THE bomb at that moment. Even a short quote from the recordings before they cut your feed would help your case. But to tease it up like that. .well… we’ve heard a LOT of promises from the Right about things just around the corner… two weeks, you’ll see. All hot air.

11 Likes

Prediction: It will have something to do with how Trump won the election.

10 Likes

Yeah, probably some Q-crazy too unhinged for Fox.

8 Likes

23 Likes

“Ivory Hecker.”

I have a little sympathy for her. I’m guessing her parents were/are major neo-nazis.

1 Like

Or in this case:

10 Likes

Perhaps this is just more of the fracture growing in the conservative media sphere, Fox News wasn’t fawning over Trump enough or pushing conspiracies hard enough, OANN and Newsmax are next in line to be the first choice of the angry-hateful-and-paranoid set.

Yeesh. What a world.

3 Likes

I mean, yeah. The belief amongst conservatives is that THEY got to Fox News, and the democrats got to Murdoch personally, and that Fox is now owned.

Because if there’s one thing the democrats are good at, it’s that we’re very good at cohesively organizing a widescale plan and executing it flawlessly.

14 Likes

This is tricky. On the one hand, I absolutely believe that Fox has corrupt people working for it. On the other hand, “Project Veritas” has always had the most ironic name since whichever authoritarian regime first called itself “Democratic” in the name.

So I’m going to go with this being false accusations of corruption within the Fox network that leaves the actually corrupt people in the clear.

3 Likes

I’ll say this, if there IS corruption at that news station, going to Veritas is the worst thing you can do. If you are alledging the station’s reporters are far more right wing than they should be, you go to MSNBC or CNN. If you’re alledging they’re not right wing enough, you go to OANN or Newsmax. At least those people will tell the story you’re trying to tell. If not with their own spins on it.

Veritas may or may not even tell the correct story.

2 Likes

To be clear, this isn’t Fox News. This is a local Fox affiliate which is pretty much like any other local news channel.

7 Likes