Labor Secretary Alex Acosta resigns amid scrutiny over Jeffrey Epstein 2008 plea deal

The whole thing is so fucked up.

Yeah. It’s just that, on top of everything else, given that Epstein’s “big punishment” for his crime was supposed to be his name on the sex offender registry, but he managed to avoid even that thanks to all the ways the case against him was mishandled.

But in New York, where he owns one of Manhattan’s most expensive mansions, he managed to avoid check-ins with the authorities by changing his official residence to the Virgin Islands. And in New Mexico, where he owned a palatial residence south of Santa Fe, he was able to avoid inclusion in the state’s registry entirely.

That state’s relatively cursory investigation took into account only a police report which indicated, the authorities said, that the underage victim in the case to which Mr. Epstein pleaded guilty in 2010 was 17 — the age of consent in New Mexico — though the girl whose report launched the investigation against him was just 14.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’d characterize it as either “conspiracy” or “stupidity” so much as yet another example of letting a rich white man get away with horrific crimes by virtue of his rich white maleness.

3 Likes

I tried, I really did. But all I could choke out was “Fuck” and more of the same.

1 Like

The flood waters continue to rise

Has anyone considered the difference in interval between say, the demise of Scott Pruitt after so many people were hating on him versus the interval for the firing of Alex Acosta? Methinks The Red King said “off with his head” so fast because there is some connection between Trump and Epstein beyond the obvious:

Ghislaine-Maxwell-Melania-Knauss-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-618x462

epstein-and-trump-at-mar-a-lago

2 Likes

Testimony 1st, then suicide. Priorities are important.

2 Likes

Plea deal is one thing… sweetheart deal is another.

Needs a “BUT HER EMAILS” sign

2 Likes

8 Likes

“What about ______?”

1 Like

TBH, the swamp seems to be doing a lot of self draining…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.