Here is Alex Acosta's resignation letter to Donald Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/12/here-is-alex-acostas-resigna.html

Acosta calls his role at the Labor Department “the honor of a lifetime.”

4 Likes

I am still flabbergasted that his handling of the Epstein case, which stunk to high heaven even at the time, had not already ruined his reputation, everywhere. But now it likely is ruined, and it will only get worse as further details of that case and Epstein’s activities emerge.

13 Likes

"You have made America great again."

I hope Trump washed his ass that morning, for Acosta’s sake.

11 Likes

I will summarize that for you:

I Alex Acosta am a supreme douchebag, the end.

9 Likes

What Trump cares about: ethnicity first, education second. Everything else is just details not worth bothering with.

18 Likes

Not education, but the brand (Harvard). Branding is everything to tRump.

21 Likes

Let me put that in Trumpese:
(So he’s not one of those kind of hispanics)

10 Likes

relish every small instance - trump lost again today.

8 Likes

Any one want to place bets on how long before Trump stops talking about how great Acosta is and switches to the whole “I never trusted him he’s a slime ball” routine?

6 Likes

Acosta: “I’d like to resign from the Trump administration. He’s a white man. He went to Wharton, an average student…”

In what world would that be acceptable?

4 Likes

If Acosta was a conventionally attractive woman then Trump would have led with that.

5 Likes

How does slime get ruined?

1 Like

What’s that, Alex? I can’t hear you with your face shoved so far up Trump’s asshole.

It’s like yogurt. How can you tell if it’s gone bad? IT’S ALREADY BAD.

By Alex Acosta, former person.

This is getting to be a real problem…

3 Likes

I’m surprised nobody on the FBI Top Ten list got a cabinet job.

1 Like

I seriously thought that was a joke for a second. A part of me still believes in a rational world where the first words out of the President’s mouth about someone wouldn’t relate to their ethnicity. But it’s Monday as I read this, and I’m still sleepy, so I’m blaming that for my momentary confusion.

Yes. Let’s certainly focus on that incredible economy, and it gets more and more incredible (ie. lacking in credibility.)

I’m mildly surprised he hasn’t (yet?) pardoned Bernie Madoff and named him Secretary of the Treasury.

1 Like

To be fair, being hired in the Trump admin does signal that you were the most inappropriate, incompetent, compromised boot-licker that could be found on linkedIn. It’s like an opposite-day-protestant-ethic-predestination badge and a death knell all rolled into one (which probably doesn’t puncture the golden parachute at all, those things are tough)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.