Lad snaps a selfie a day for 15 years from age 13 to 28 and makes an incredible age-progression video

Originally published at: Lad snaps a selfie a day for 15 years from age 13 to 28 and makes an incredible age-progression video | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Fantastic! I like that his fringe hung in there for so long.

7 Likes

He’s a fine looking chap, no mistake. But my irrepressible closest cartoon algorithms provide a decidedly Cubert J. Farnsworth connection

4 Likes

That was a strangely hypnotic video. Good on you, Jordan.

4 Likes

It’s like he knew he’d go bald one day.

Which I guess you could know if you see the pattern in your family.

3 Likes

Easier to watch if you scroll the window down so you don’t get distracted by the changing shirts.

1 Like

Impressive!

Makes me that much sadder that I couldn’t even be arsed to make a time lapse vid of a house being built next door. It went from an overgrown vacant lot to a largeish two-story house in a few weeks, and I wasted a front row seat.

5 Likes

I used to have luxurious, wavy hair that hung down to below the line of my shoulders; but, looking at my dear old Pa, I knew that it wouldn’t last. I am very grateful to the Mitchell Brothers for making, “low maintenance” a main stream look.

8 Likes

I’ve been blessed by my grandpa on my mom’s side genes. No only did he have a full head of hair into his 80s, but it was still at least half black/half grey.

My cousin and his mom both have those genes too.

So mine still has almost no grey at - gasp - I just turned 47 yesterday - and unlike my brother, full hair line. Unlike my cousin and aunt, I don’t have his black hair, but medium brown.

5 Likes

Proof that tee shirts will always be “in”.

2 Likes

You have a good cranium… so baldness does look good on you.

3 Likes

Why, thank you, sir :heart_eyes: or madame, or your choice of honorific.

4 Likes

Lol that was my favorite part! :laughing: Ooo, he’s in a red shirt phase! Now back to mostly grey. There’s that hoodie again. Man, he really likes that rust red shirt. Why doesn’t he wear any dark greens?

3 Likes

Maybe he thought it might clash with the red of his hair? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is my lunchtime at work. I’ll show it to my squeezy gal later and get her own take on your dashing dome. She has a very charming way of thoroughly inspecting everything.

1 Like

I love how the effect of the timelapse makes his hair jitter, face twitch and shirts shift as if he’s travelling at high speeds through a somehow rough but also gentle wind in stop motion. It really has the effect of watching a being move linearly as if on a 4th dimensional roller coaster. Life does come at you fast…

4 Likes

Dude here. :man_astronaut:

1 Like

I love pixelation in animation; like the Wizard of Speed and Time, or Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

3 Likes

ASTRODUDE!

1 Like

There is a contested genetic theory (like they aren’t all) which goes: there isn’t (enough room for) a “male pattern baldness gene” on the Y-chromosome, so genetic male pattern baldness must be on the X-chromosome that you got from your mother. And if that’s the case, then one would be better to examine your maternal uncle’s hair-line about your own doooooooom. Or said in a slightly different way: ya can’t blame dad.

1 Like