Ladies and Gentlemen, The VengeCycle

Kickstarter for all open-carry fans: The VengeCycle explosive handlebars for the discerning cyclist. Designed to blow the hands of your bicycle thief when they cycle your stolen bike out of it’s geofence. Truly, a wonderful thing

http://vengecycle.com

2 Likes

make sure to check that unlicensed use of explosives is legal in your state beforehand.

Now I’m mildly curious how many of these states are left.

1 Like

you want me
to put a bomb in my handlebars
and then also install a tracking device?

gonna have to go with no.

7 Likes

From the makers of MagnaVolt®!

1 Like

Handlebars? I want the entire frame to come apart when it is stolen, but only after it has hit 10 mph or 5 minutes of riding (whichever comes first).

1 Like

What part of “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED” don’t you understand?

:wink:

2 Likes

A Second Amendment argument would make for an interesting court case, but this device seems designed to DEPRIVE people of arms.

5 Likes

My new project is the Vlad-I-cycle…
Similar to the Vengecycle, once it leaves a predefined area the device activates by launching a missile through the seatpost.

6 Likes

Yes, I thought about making that joke, but I felt it was in poor taste.
I think it’s more in the “explosive bolts” category of explosive. The handlebar is designed to detach from the bike. It’s not designed for producing shrapnel.

I dunno. I think if that were the case they’d make more mention of making the bike unrideable, or perhaps mention skinned knees and such. Instead:

Sounds like they really want to cause hand damage with this.

I mean, they show it going into the handgrips, not into, say, the gooseneck joint.

Ah, the “Pee-Wee Herman” approach.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. pure speculation on my part. We all need a lot more detail-- unless one of us is disturbingly familiar with

https://archive.org/details/milmanual-fm-5-31-booby-traps

And where is the link to your Kickstarter?

2 Likes

Or this, which is a real thing.

1 Like

2 Likes

I remember the blaster. About a week after it went commercial carjackers switched to just sniping people from across the street, instead of tossing them from their car and leaving them alive.

Law of unintended consequences.

This topic was automatically closed after 613 days. New replies are no longer allowed.