Lady in Prius contests speeding ticket

100% my thoughts. Look at her face - she’s upset and embarrassed, and he’s winding her up by getting involved in something that has no merit or public interest. ‘People behaving badly’? FFS. This is just rubbernecking and pillorying.

I’ve been stopped by a policeman (when much younger) for poor quality driving - I most certainly wasn’t at my best, on edge, nervous, embarrassed, intimidated by an authority figure. I later found that he described me as ‘arrogant’ in his report - which couldn’t have been further from the truth, I was mortified and ashamed. Some stranger sticking their camera under my nose and filming my embarrassment would have made me behave worse too.

Mind your own business, this is embarrassing enough and nothing to do with you or anyone except me and the policeman.

5 Likes

I think @angusm is starting to scratch the surface here, in pointing out how it’s a racial bias. Black folks would likely not be afforded the privilege of complaining (especially in this manner) and any corresponding video might have been depicting a beatdown or even a murder.

3 Likes

The other thing that I find distasteful about this segment is that if a YouTuber, for example, instead of a reporter with known media outlet, came up on a traffic stop like that with a camera and a microphone and started interviewing the driver while the cop was still at the window of the car, I can promise you the cop would have gotten right in the filmer’s face and told them to back away from the scene. While you have the right to film the police in the course of them doing their job, you do not have the right to be right there in the middle of it while you’re filming. I say this just to point out that it’s clear this reporter is doing this not just with the permission of the police department, but with their full cooperation and arguably even their participation, and that bothers tf out of me. It makes this a form of copaganda.

8 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Mine less so these days as the hubcap covers are still off from the last repair (to facilitate the next) and we’ve had to tear off two of the exhaust “heat shields”. There’s no dielectric break between the aluminum heat shields and the stainless steel fasteners - these are designed to fail. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Galvanic decomposition, jeez. One of the benefits of the PNW: no salt on the roads.

Also:

6 Likes

That is not mine! Mine is silver, has no stickers, a 2 year-old rear bumper (from the last time an asshat crashed into me) and certainly no trucknuts. :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

I appreciate the attempt at humor, but that verges on being offensively transphobic bigotry.

1 Like

Apologies, deleted

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.