Lalah the cat is a master of the climbing wall

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/14/lalah-the-cat.html

5 Likes

a climbing cat… the wonders never cease…

(sorry, haven’t had enough coffee yet this a.m.)

7 Likes

Cats gotta climb.

12 Likes

Ikkimashita!

Oh great, now my cat is demanding one of those.

11 Likes

行きました! Very cool

3 Likes

a tortie, naturally. : )

5 Likes

Dang! Now I am very inspired to accomplish my own desire!

7 Likes

That cat is better at it than me. Need me one of them tails.

4 Likes

My tortie was climbing trees at this age, but for some reason not a master of climbing down. After several incidents of her calling to me from the rooftop in the middle of the night, I made the decision for her to be an indoor cat.
She lived to be 18, and it really was sad to see her when arthritis set in. I even built her a staircase out of boxes so she could get on the bed.

Get your climb on, Lalah, before you get old!

8 Likes

They installed a climbing wall in our local pool recently. I’d never been on one before, but it’s a lot of fun.

6 Likes

That’s for the deep water soloing brigade:

http://www.motionvideo.co.nz/kjhkj/extreme-sport-articles/extreme-sports-disicplines/383-deep-water-soloing.html

Really weird when you’re seakayaking in Dorset, then suddenly there’s a dude freeclimbing above the rock arch you’re about to go through…

5 Likes

Oh wow, nice. So it’s a bouldering wall? No top-roping i mean so if you fall off you fall in the pool? They do something similar for the deep water solo competitions (edit: already mentioned above). This one doesn’t look like a very interesting climb though; a bit too easy if you got a modicum of experience.

3 Likes

“Well, you should’ve thought of that 30 million years ago before you apes decided to give it up.” ~ Old World Monkeys

7 Likes

I think retractable claws have a lot to do with it too.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Any more excuses?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.