Languages

If the type is hard to read, then maybe slow down so you can read it. Benefits!

8 Likes

I don’t know how I survive when driving around here.

10 Likes

Statistics have shown that multilingual societies tend to be less myopic.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Had to Google it though I guessed the first name was vaguely Germanic. Won’t spoil the answer but … nice! I was off in my guess

You know the whale hunters in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home should be speaking Kvenish not Finnish.

4 Likes

Picture pulled off the internet, but this is not far from where one of my uncles lives.

2 Likes

One more.

4 Likes

i believe the one on the bottom reads “please see other side for more information” :smiley_cat:

3 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Tangentially related… There’s been a data leak at Duolingo, where hackers have managed to steal account information including usernames and email addresses for 2.6 million users. Be on the lookout for bogus emails and phishing attacks from them if you are a subscriber.

4 Likes

gift link

5 Likes

gift link

5 Likes

( oof. 35 dollars for the research paper: Spanish-influenced lexical phenomena in emerging Miami English | John Benjamins )

2 Likes

and it’s not available on that well known source of liberated papers. pity

3 Likes

animal-duolingo-bird-havent-been-active-two-days-beg-life-spanish-boredpanda-cop

5 Likes

I keep meaning to check for recent news about Duolingo to find out what’s going on. During the past couple of weeks, the paths for a few languages have changed. I was pushed back about 8 units in French, Spanish, and German. Maybe Italian stayed put because I haven’t been working on it very long. :woman_shrugging:t4: There’s a message about being relocated because of new content, and now these Legendary challenges keep popping up in French (so far I’ve ignored them).

Charlie Brown Football GIF

3 Likes

My units are superlong, now.

but I think there’s less of them. (The division of the path into Sections hides the length)

The spaced repititon that was introduced with the path also seems to have disappeared.