Largest known soft-shell reptile egg discovered in Antarctica

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/18/largest-known-soft-shell-repti.html

…and then they ate it.

3 Likes

We’ve already had a global pandemic, UFO sightings, murder hornets, violent police actions in the streets, and an actual literal President Donald Trump. You know what 2020 doesn’t need? Cthulhu eggs.

11 Likes

I love the human silhouette on the wikipedia page image for elephant bird size comparison. The lady in the picture seems to just be saying “Awwww yeah. Check out all my pets. And these awesome heels while you’re at it.”

9 Likes

Very cool. The creator of the chart may have been a woman; artists have been known to playfully sneak themselves into their paintings.

5 Likes

See, what you don’t understand is that the eldritch gods have already made you insane. The world as we knew it ended as trump descended the escalator. Cabin in the Woods was a documentary.

7 Likes

I fully expect graboids to make an appearance before the year is out.

Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! Underground… God damn monsters.

4 Likes

Well, at least there’s one positive to global warming…

We’ll be able to excavate and examine more antarctic fossils before our species joins them.

5 Likes

The soft-skinned egg was empty when they found it? Well, that doesn’t bode well.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.