Larry Elder warns RNC and Fox News of $100 million fines if he's not "up on that stage" tonight (video)

Originally published at: Larry Elder warns RNC and Fox News of $100 million fines if he's not "up on that stage" tonight (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

So apparently there are a few additional candidates who plausibility may have met the requirements, depending on the polls used, but Elder isn’t one of them:

And speaking of debate requirements, Christie caved and signed that loyalty pledge, as expected. And of course Trump himself has not signed it even though he’s very likely to get the nomination and nobody would expect him to be true to his word anyway if someone else ended up getting the nomination.

16 Likes

The great irony being that the “loyalty pledge” was created for his benefit since the RNC was worried he’d get the nomination but continue to be attacked from within his own party over the “trying to overthrow the government” thing.

12 Likes

Larry who?

12 Likes

Who?

The only reason that he’s in my wiki is that Linda Yaccarino follows him. :smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, looks like a face that’s recently been gnawed by a leopard.

10 Likes

…“could cause the RNC to incur a fine of $100 million,” said the disgruntled radio host today, giving his ultimatum outside the debate venue. “And by the way, it could also cause Fox News to incur a $100 million fine, because they would be making an in-kind contribution to these eight people to the detriment of Larry Elder.”

It sure seems that Mr. Elder has the kind of firm grasp of the American legal system that being a serious GOP candidate requires.

14 Likes

Weirdly, he’s being underwritten by Falun Gong, their paper, the Epoch Times, is paying him as much as 5 million.

8 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

14 Likes

As a Wisconsin resident, I just want all these Republicans to get the hell out of my state. (Also insert '*let them fight*' GIF here.)

15 Likes

Well the GOP sowed (sown?) that field, so now they can reap what grows in it.

13 Likes

Who’s this guy to decide fine amounts? Buddy, you don’t to pocket the money, it goes from the RNC/FOX straight into Biden’s re-election fund don’tchaknow.

4 Likes

Larry Elder is afraid that his poor ratings here will prevent him from getting another syndicated radio show again. He hasn’t had one since 2022.

He’s probably right.

8 Likes

who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

9 Likes

Isn’t there a Trump sized gap in the line-up? That’s got to be big enough to fit two normal-sized assholes in to.

6 Likes

perry who?

Just kidding. He’s a rich conservative schmuck who tried to run against Big Gretch(en Whitmer) for Michigan governor and quite miserably failed.

mr elder also refers to himself as “larry elder,” which is more than weird.

6 Likes

At least he remembered to refer to himself in the third person, like a real Republican

9 Likes

This could be an opportunity/trap for MSNBC to lay for these contenders.

1. Invite all the GOP contenders.
  2. Choose a moderator panel that would be their utter nightmares. (eg. Katy Porter, Jen Psaki, Brian Tyler Cohen, Jack Smith, Al Franken, …)
  3. Count the no shows as victories…
4 Likes

Just because something is possible doesn’t mean it is probable.
Even so, it would be nice to have the RNC have financial bankruptcy sufficient to match its moral bankruptcy.

See above.

Yeah, well, vernonbird thinks Larry Elder is a narcissistic loon, so, there!. :crazy_face:

“If I don’t win, then the game is rigged!”
Never heard that before…

Not as popular as you thought you were, eh, Larry?
Otherwise, you would have had no problem meeting the requirements.

FTFY.

As yet another butthurt member of that corrupt organization, just what the fuck did he expect?
Dumbass.

7 Likes

To Larry Elder,

Just like I told you with my ballot last time:

Sincerely,

Melz

11 Likes