Mike Lindell’s must pay $5 million in "Prove Mike Wrong" election-fraud challenge

Originally published at: Mike Lindell's must pay $5 million in "Prove Mike Wrong" election-fraud challenge | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Double-down on stupid, why not?

19 Likes

Peanuts when compared to the other lawsuits, but still a nice way to enjoy a Thursday.

24 Likes

So he set the rules and now he doesn’t like to be held to them. That guy is self-deluding HARD. Good luck to Zeidman, even though he votes for numbskulls.

20 Likes

Mike Lindell isn’t right. He’s not even wrong.

12 Likes

So “examining the data” means opening the files and looking at them?? Hell, you don’t need to be a “computer forensics expert” to recognize an IP address.

I Know Expert GIF by South Park

19 Likes

“Prove Mike Wrong”

12 Likes

But only an expert gets $5000000 to do it.

13 Likes

So a Trump supporter takes on Lindell’s challenge, and “wins” within the parameters? Parameters that include binding arbitration, which ultimately ruled in favor of the winner.

Lindell can take it to all the courts he wants, but I don’t think he’s entitled to any recourse. He entered into a contract and the other party acted within the terms of the contract. He’s gonna have to pay out.

14 Likes

Hey Mike, in case no one told you, you are the griftee, not the grifter.

12 Likes

Interesting that the guy who took the challenge was a Trump supporter - but I guess that makes sense. No one else was treating this seriously enough to engage (or actually thought Lindell would pay, as his claims were so obviously full of shit).

13 Likes

“They made a terribly wrong decision! This will be going to court!”

Judges love it when the party who drafted the terms calling for binding arbitration then try to reject the outcome of the binding arbitration. It makes disposition of the case about as easy as it gets.

16 Likes

I wonder if Lindell paid someone big money for this stuff, someone who swore up and down it was the real deal, and who just turned around and gave him garbage.

Because at this point “magic beans” like QAnon is what the conservative world needs to keep their alternate reality going. They’re like the political version of New Age beliefs, and Lindell’s “packet captures” are like selling someone common quartz crystals that will “protect you from all illness, you just have to water them once a day.”

11 Likes

In breaking news: The evidence came from the cousin of the guy who wrote this letter.

5 Likes

Despite the ruling, Lindell said he won’t pay the promised $5 million.

Really? I’m so surprised.

7 Likes

Here’s a crazy (potential?) outcome: The electronic voting systems company ends up owning “My Pillow.”

5 Likes

Lindell basically challenged his biggest fans to prove a negative, set up his own rules for what would qualify as “proof” and he still managed to lose. Impressive.

10 Likes

Both.

1 Like

Unless they’re IPv6.
I work in IT and they still look like gibberish to me :wink:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.