Mike Lindell's newest legal disaster: owes millions after losing fraud challenge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/22/mike-lindells-newest-legal-disaster-owes-millions-after-losing-fraud-challenge.html

8 Likes

This is even funnier than the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuits because the only reason anyone had standing to sue over this particular lie was Lindell’s own invitation.

34 Likes

In a related note: today I learned that Donald Trump is accruing $87,000 a day in interest for not paying the NYC fraud judgement.

And knowing him, he will avoid paying for as long as he can, under the fantasy that he can somehow wriggle out of it altogether. So that’s like $2.6 million a month. Bravo, sir, bravo.

23 Likes

It’s so much god damn money the daily interest is more than most people make in a year. :confused:

20 Likes

It’s nearly 3 times the poverty line of annual income for a family of 4, per US metrics and just 20k more than the annual income of a US household.

16 Likes

Surely king tRump will bail out his loyal stooge.

11 Likes

I would say “seize his assets” but who wants his lumpy pillows?

11 Likes

True to his Mustelidae nature, Lindell has vowed to appeal the ruling.

That checks out; he’s certainly not weaselly separated from his money.

4 Likes

The moocher can’t even pretend to feel contrite about leaving his creditors out-of-pocket by millions. He is just “yes, I owe all that money, but I have more use for it myself.”

5 Likes

5 mil buys a lot of crack cocaine.
jus’ sayin’.

1 Like

6 Likes

A stoatal deadbeat.

11 Likes

Hopefully, the courts will keep badgering him until he pay up.

7 Likes

So… he “offered” the prize never intending to actually pay it, is what I’m getting from this. It was a blatant fraud that he’s now potentially broke enough that he’ll never have to pay it.

Also, that the contest forced arbitration - and the arbiters all decided he should pay. And he’s racking up legal bills when he can’t pay his lawyers (and that will be a whole thing, if it isn’t already). It’s layers of self-inflicted wounds here.

Loyalty to a stooge? That’s literally not in Trump’s definition of the word - loyalty can only be shown to him. All relationships are transactional, and if he pays you (or indirectly does something that benefits you, even if you didn’t ask for it), he owns you and you owe him your loyalty. If someone pays him… well, that’s just a business transaction where he got the better of someone.

12 Likes

Headline every couple months: “(Insert right wing asshole here) ordered to pay yet another X million dollars”

Headline never, ever: “Once proud and defiant (Insert destitute right wing asshole here) now dressed in burlap sack and begging for change on street corner”

Somehow a single unexpected medical bill is enough to destroy the life of the average American, yet millions and millions in lawsuits never seem to actually catch up to Lindell, or Jones, or Trump, or…

13 Likes

Sounds a lot like how the mobs were run at one point…

I have some news for you, at least regarding the Jones case…

15 Likes

Seems like loyalty was a little more of a two-way street, even with the mob. I think Trump was inspired by the mafia and fancies himself a mob boss, but his sense of what “loyalty” is mostly is informed by him being a narcissist.

9 Likes

In that case, he better ferret out some new sources of income.

4 Likes

I has to google "“mustelidea”.

::: embarrassed emoji ::

4 Likes

monkey-badum-tss

2 Likes