Mike Lindell's MyPillow evicted from warehouse over unpaid rent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/mike-lindells-mypillow-evicted-from-warehouse-over-unpaid-rent.html

6 Likes

18 Likes

It’s also not the great flex he seems to think it is. No longer using warehouses when your business is selling products sure looks like failing to us outsiders.

18 Likes

Antonio Banderas laughing smugly in front of a laptop computer in a scene from the 1995 action thriller film Assassins.gif

4 Likes

I came here to post this, but knew in my heart it had already been said.

8 Likes

Another genius MAGA businessman.

8 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

12 Likes

Many of his problems could have been avoided if he just said, “I was wrong.”

But nope, he repeatably double down thinking Trump would come to his rescue.

You made your own bed, Mikey. Pillows and all.

16 Likes

I want to see sheriff’s deputies putting all of Lindell’s stuff on the street corner in black plastic trash bags while he stands there ranting about illusionary ballot over-count evidence. :popcorn:

11 Likes

What’s he going to scream into now?

7 Likes

Piling on

Season 3 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

7 Likes

Whose pillow? Notyerdampillow, that’s fer sure.

3 Likes

Repeating a comment I saw on reddit, “Oh noes! Now where will he keep the huge piles of evidence that the election was stolen?”

9 Likes

“He previously said that MyPillow lost $100 million due to his election fraud claims.”

Said the man tantalisingly close to understanding his own situation.

10 Likes

The main assets he had remaining at the time were his home and his pickup truck

Let’s see does the bank foreclose on the house first or repo his truck?

3 Likes
5 Likes

It’d be interesting to know which particular self-inflicted injury was key in the destruction of his business. I don’t know which retailer dropping him hurt the most, when he alienated the entire non-MAGA customer base.

I’m not even sure it’s a flex - I don’t think he can remotely hide how diminished the business is, now. (And playing the victim is part of his MAGA grift.) I wonder what percentage of his previous sales he’s retained - I don’t think he’s got any retailers still carrying his stuff, so it’s got to be pretty minuscule. He’s basically become his own drop-shipper. Seems like it’s only a matter of time before they start making the pillows in some Chinese factory…

I don’t think he can admit it to himself, even. Seems like he actually believed it, and having destroyed his life over it, he can’t face the idea that he destroyed his life over a particularly idiotic lie. Plus, his only way out at this point is to grift MAGAts.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I can understand why they were frightened.

6 Likes

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU

6 Likes