Larry Kudlow Doesn’t Want Your Librul Plant-Based Beer

We all know that Larry Kudlow isn’t the brightest bulb, even by the low bar set for former Trump-admin conservative commentators. Yesterday he trained his keen intellect on the plant-based meat industry, railing against what he sees as a librul plot to force us to eat plant-based meat. In doing so he produced this gem:

“Speaking of stupid,” he began. “America has to, get this, America has to stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats. OK, got that? No burgers on July Fourth. No steaks on the barbecue. … So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag.”

Larry’s beer is usually derived from the tears of liberals, I suppose.

11 Likes

there’s this

5 Likes

I was curious where the conspiracy nuts got the idea that Biden was going to forcibly limit their meat consumption. Apparently the Daily Mail recently ran an article that dishonestly connected Biden’s climate plan with some completely-unrelated-to-Biden study about the carbon impact of meat consumption and now all the right-wing outlets are running with the headline Biden to order meat consumption cut by 90%.

6 Likes

Just wait until he finds out that beer is full of phytoestrogens, because of the hops.

11 Likes

So do soybeans. So, tofu is yet another plot to feminize red-blooded American males.

4 Likes

If only that were satire

2 Likes

Thus the alt right insult “soyboy”…

3 Likes

Someone complaining about “plant-based beer” sounds like someone who doesn’t drink beer. And is an idiot, but that goes without saying.

2 Likes

I can’t help but read this in the voice of Bobby Moynihan’s Drunk Uncle character from Weekend Update. Alas, Kudlow really exists…

1 Like
3 Likes

And if you’re looking for something for the designated driver, there’s always:

I tried this a few years ago. I like beef jerky, but would not recommend this beverage. If I feel like drinking salt, I’ll have a margarita :wink:

1 Like

That’s a popular assumption for right-wingers. To them the New Green Deal = no more meat or bbqs. Never-mind that it isn’t true and Biden didn’t even endorse the New Green Deal preferring his own version.

2 Likes

Exactly where my mind went to. Which is a weird hill to die on. I submit to you that even your professional beer taster won’t be able to tell the difference between vegan beer and non-vegan beer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.