Las Vegas dancer sued for $3M fraud by wealthy patron

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/11/las-vegas-dancer-sued-for-3m-fraud-by-wealthy-patron.html

2 Likes

More engagement bait, primed for an especially misogynistic bent; great.

27 Likes

i mean… a man would never emotionally manipulate an older, wealthy woman in a romance scheme!
/S

and in the many, many cases where that actually does occur, the media depicts the woman as needy and stupid to have fallen for it for so long.

17 Likes

Be nice to women?

25 Likes

… tell us how you really feel about women, E.T.

10 Likes

I suspect that $3 million is on the high side; but 10 years of elaborate fantasy romance sounds like a service rendered to me.

Document link isn’t working for me at present, so I’m unable to check for more substantive complaints; but this sounds an awful lot like someone being all bent out of shape because he convinced himself that the contractor engaged to act like she likes him must really like him, because reasons.

21 Likes

Or maybe the relationship went sour.

This sounds like the gentleman in question believes he owned the woman. Yuck.

17 Likes

$102/hr is downright inexpensive for therapy.

19 Likes

Same rules, too.

David Spade Cartoons Comics GIF

14 Likes

I’m not sure about the hourly rate; since we have little to go on in terms of hours worked vs. on-call hours; and how much of the alleged losses were even paid vs. spent on workplace, materials, and equipment.

I was just looking at BLS numbers for the “Las Vegas–Henderson combined statistical area” to conclude that $300k/year was definitely on the high side of the local salary range.

Obviously, the more fundamental matter isn’t so much the rate; but the claim that this must have been crime rather than work. Substance of the claim is still unavailable(is there some way I could get maintenance windows like they have in Arkansas, without living, working, or getting paid like I was there?); but it’d have to be really specific deception of some especially nefarious flavor to revise my initial assessment that someone is either being astonishingly self-deceiving about the fact that they’d had a contractor involved in their case for the last decade; or knows full well but is being vindictive and moralistic now that he’s dissatisfied over something.

(seriously, that maintenance window though)

I was assuming 8hrs/day, 5 days per week. Just the nature of this complaint makes me think this guy was needy.

While it is an assumption that this guy was basically getting therapy and only filed this suit as a kind of temper tantrum, I would call it a calculated one. Wealthy divorced guy? The odds are very good that was the case. If it had been a con, even a long con, ten years is way too long.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.