Last night: Tracy Chapman performed "Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/last-night-tracy-chapman-performed-talkin-bout-a-revolution.html

5 Likes

It’s amazing that except for the gray in her hair, she still looks as young as she did when that album came out!

10 Likes

Beautiful as always. I’ve only seen her in person once, years and years ago at a bigger venue, but she’s never been anything less than spectacular.

5 Likes

Such a treat to hear that voice and see that face again. The hair on my arms stood when she started singing. Goosebump-worthy for sure!

6 Likes

And her voice is still pitch perfect. She’s a national treasure.

6 Likes

Have always loved her voice.

I don’t want to date myself, but this is the first song I remember. Thanks pesco you made my day.

1 Like

mine is “walk of life” by dire straits, just 3 years earlier. but this tracy chapman album, along with a few others, made up the soundtrack of my childhood.

I needed that. Thanks for sharing, and everyone stay safe out there, particularly everyone in the US while we try to right this ship.

so ready for that revolution

1 Like

The first time I saw or heard her was the live TV broadcast of the Mandela concert at the Wembley Stadium in 1988. She had only her guitar and was alone on that huuuge stage. But I knew I witnessed something impressive, marvelous, something to be remembered.

1 Like

since we are sharing election day inspiration music, I recommend a listen to:

1 Like

I tell you this so you don’t feel quite so old. I saw Tracy Chapman play a couple of times at the Nameless Coffeehouse in Cambridge, c. 1987 or so. Before her record deal, but there was already buzz going around in folkie circles. After one show I tried to talk her into playing at my school in Troy, NY, but she thought that was too far to go for a gig.

Same here. Immediate chills as soon as she started!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.