Lauren Boebert and 5 other candidates raise hands to admit arrests on debate stage (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/26/lauren-boebert-and-5-other-candidates-raise-hands-to-admit-arrests-on-debate-stage-video.html

3 Likes

Apparently MAGA feels getting kicked out of a musical for groping your date is “good trouble.”

10 Likes

Party of Law and Order, amirite?

12 Likes

I think that just means that they enjoy watching the TV show.

12 Likes

ok, so admitting it is one thing (and she HAD to, being such a visible one) – but cheering and high-fiving?? good lord. what the hell. i mean, being arrested for doing something noble and just is one thing, but her arrests are nothing worth celebrating.

15 Likes

“Ok, how many of you are grandmothers at 37?”

10 Likes

Getting arrested for beating your stepdad to a pulp because he was beating your mom is one thing, getting arrested for giving a handy in a dark theater is another.

7 Likes

Arrested?
BFD.
Ask if any of 'em were convicted; then you might have something.

I somehow doubt any of 'em are running on a ‘police reform’ platform.

Yes, how refreshing!
No longer do they need to keep those skeletons hidden away; they are now badges of honor, if not prerequisites.
Unless, of course, they happen to be a closeted gay.
Or claim to be a christofascist incapable of sinning…

2 Likes

Excerpts from a previous post of mine:

[Ed. Note: This Westword article bit is from 2023] … A 2016 careless driving incident once resulted in Lauren Boebert being tossed in jail for approximately 100 minutes for failing to appear in court, according to the Denver Post. In 2015, Boebert had been hit with a disorderly conduct charge related to an incident at a music festival near Grand Junction — and she missed her court date then, too.

Over the past decade, Lauren Boebert has received a summons or been arrested at least four times. …

[Ed. Note: Info via a 2021 NY Post article] … Eventual grandmommy bobo was arrested [in April 2004] b/c she fought with big daddy bobo. She clawed up his big face and chest and trashed his place. “She was slapped with third-degree assault, criminal mischief and underage drinking charges.

2 Likes

According to The Sentencing Project, one in three Americans have been arrested by age 23. Close to 1% of American adults are currently incarcerated. These people’s politics are what they should be ashamed of far more than their arrests.

8 Likes

To be fair, it’s easy to get arrested in America.

4 Likes

Some arrests are a badge of honour, these people though… drunk driving should be a shame that sees you out of politics forever.

2 Likes

Joining Welcome Home GIF

1 Like

On further thought that’s unfair on those who have struggled with addiction and those who have paid their debt to society and genuinely reformed. High fiving a drunk driver should be a crime in itself though.

3 Likes

Agreed, being arrested for peaceful protesting is a far cry from the arrest records of these stable geniuses.

4 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.