Lauren Boebert cowers from sunlight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/12/lauren-boebert-cowers-from-sunlight.html

8 Likes

If only it were possible to scale a Congresscritter’s votes in the House inversely proportional to how gerrymandered their district is. You picked your partisan voters instead of a balanced populace picking you? Well, sorry, your vote is only worth 40% of a representative that actually had to appeal to more than one type of voter.

16 Likes

Is Kaminsky angling for theater tickets? :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I’m surprised she cares at all. That’s been the GOP superpower, that they have no shame and the sunlight showing them hasn’t impacted them.

8 Likes

“…I don’t think you’re out there as a people pleaser generally.” Oh wow, THAT came out nice.

7 Likes

I had hopes that she’d be relegated to the dustbin of history after abandoning her current district but unfortunately, it looks like her gambit worked and she’s going to win another term.

9 Likes

Oh, metaphorical sunlight.

I just imagined that she was skulking around going “The Yellow Face, it burns us, precioussss,” which, let’s be honest, doesn’t seem that improbable.

10 Likes

If you have to declare that you are funny, you’re not.

5 Likes

“Part of it is, I mean the media, they do a great job of dehumanizing me, right?”

You and the rest of your ilk do an excellent job of dehumanizing yourselves through your monstrous words and actions.

4 Likes

It ain’t over til it’s over. Her opposition might have not shown up for the primary could skip voting for her in the general. Let’s not be too quick to call in done.

5 Likes

I read this headline to my BF, adding, “She’s a vampire.” He denied that possibility by citing most vampires’ intelligence, and I conceded the point, given most vampires’ elegance as well.

I said, “She’s a zombie, a lich,” and he agreed.

4 Likes

AkA: If you want to be seen as human, reducing your public demonstrations of inhumanity might help.

Dehumanizing everyone else tends to have a splashback effect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.