Lauren Boebert on ditching her district: Barbra Streisand made me do it (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/02/lauren-boebert-on-ditching-her-district-barbra-streisand-made-me-do-it-video.html

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t Hollywood buy their way into Congress? Every other type of Billionaire has!

6 Likes

before dog whistling, for good measure, that “George Soros and his dark money groups” is behind the whole thing.

She clearly doesn’t trust her dimwit bigot supporters to hear the (((echo parentheses))) in her weak excuses.

4 Likes

Someday George Soros will die and there will be much sadness in MAGA world, they will have to find another wealthy Jewish philanthropist to blame all their problems on.

8 Likes

I posted an article in the other topic about her switching.

In that article it says…

According to Federal Election Commission filings, Streisand donated $1,000 to Frisch’s campaign in April, while Reynolds donated $500 in March.

So her idea of buying an election is 1500 bucks.

I wonder if she is allowed to use the money she raised in her district to campaign in the new district. I know if I donated to her because I wanted her to represent me and my district she’d be getting a phone call asking for my money back. Or just telling her where to send the check or I could even come by and pick it up.

11 Likes

Why does she hate capitalism?

4 Likes

Pretty sure she’s getting dark money, herself.

As a side note, the dark money she mentioned from Barbra Streisand isn’t that:

According to Federal Election Commission filings, Streisand donated $1,000 to Frisch’s campaign in April, while Reynolds donated $500 in March.
The Hill

The lack of self-awareness on Bobo’s part would be astounding if she wasn’t already infamously stupid.

6 Likes

See also, her husband: Lauren Boebert lists her husband’s consulting income as “N/A” on financial disclosure
Who knew a drilling foreman made $478k/year for his skillz alone, and not some sort of dark money to his ex-wife.

6 Likes

There’s a lewd joke to be made here, but I’m on a work computer and can’t make it.

2 Likes

i hate her eric cartman GIF by South Park. Boo hoo…

2 Likes

The great, highly Republican, irony is that Boebert, like MTG, is almost entirely funded by people outside her district (more than three-quarters of her itemized donations, though most of her funds are non-itemized, so it may be far bigger percent overall). She’s even talked about how she gets support from around the country because they’re part of a common movement. Frisch had far fewer out-of-area donations (and most donations were itemized).

Don’t worry - he’s got kids! It won’t matter if they never gave another cent to remotely political causes, they’ll just keep making stuff up, because “Soros” is just too good a code word, that they all understand, for them to give up.

She wouldn’t have to give up much if there were such restrictions - most of her money comes from… elsewhere. (Yeah, her complaints are all projection on her part, as per usual.)

3 Likes

Is there any law that can stop Barbra Streisand and Ryan Reynolds donating to her opponent in her new district? If they’re living rent free in what passes for her mind, they might as well spend a bit more money having fun.

1 Like

I imagine the money was for influence, and probably helped build up his gun collection, rather than a direct donation to Bobo. I’m not so sure she’ll have a reckoning with the FEC over the misreporting or the various other alleged “irregularities” with her reporting and use of campaign funds.

I also imagine Jayson’s consulting fees will come down to earth this year, being an “ex” now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She’s moving to a redder district, Ken Buck’s, so I’m sure more money from Hollywood would be welcome there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t know about Reynolds, but Barbara Streisand has lived in and been associated with Aspen longer than Boebert’s been alive. She should be involved in local politics and representation.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.