Public penis-fondling congresswoman wants to punish trans DoD employer by cutting her salary to $1

Originally published at: Public penis-fondling congresswoman wants to punish trans DoD employer by cutting her salary to $1 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Ah… this article clarified something the other article didn’t: why this particular person was being specifically targeted with a whole amendment.

Shit, that is pathetic… just sad really.

25 Likes

Also misnaming her; Skelly ≠ Kelly. Wikipedia doesn’t say what her birth name was so I’m not sure if it’s a case of deadnaming, ignorance or intentionally mispronouncing her name just to be extra offensive.

12 Likes

To the people who voted for her, being hateful is probably a virtue.

9 Likes

I guess she found her notes.

9 Likes

What wizard cursed her to say ‘woke’ 2,000 times a day or else she loses the next election?

9 Likes

This is apparently her thing right now. She’s been proposing multiple amendments to reduce salaries to $1. She could probably remember this one because of all the bigotry she could squeeze in.
I won’t link to the source CES because all the results are crap RWNJ places. But Google boebert amendment $1

Edits for issues with typing and overuse of apparently. I apparently use that word a lot. When my kid was 5 she started to use it

14 Likes

I love how we are like crowdsourcing trying to get the bigger picture here as multiple stories drop.

It’s so hard to make sense of evil I guess some might call it impossible, but people just can’t help but try.

8 Likes

I’d like an amendment to require Lauren Boebert to pay back her Congressional salary for every year she’s been in office.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Fun Fact: When the government shuts down she still gets paid in full. They all do.

7 Likes

Boebert is publicly and deliberately transphobic in her workplace.

What’s the sanction for that?

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

18 Likes

No matter how low the bar is lowered, Beobert keeps sliding right on under it without breaking a sweat. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Interesting euphemism for a handjob.

8 Likes

wierd flex, matt.
what could he be up to? :thinking:

8 Likes

I would rather he get free meal and an orange jump suit. He can keep his salary for his trouble. Dude tries to pull the same Tr*mp’s no salary bullshit.

8 Likes

In carpentry, something that is “standing proud” is sticking out from a surface, so yeah…

8 Likes

Not just carpentry:

Antarctica as a whole has so little precipitation it is classified as a desert, but snow does fall near the coasts, and in the interior low temperatures mean fallen snow accumulates faster than it can melt. Polar winds blow this snow around the continent, so that any object standing proud of the flat surface quickly gains a downwind “tail” of blown snow. Snow accumulation can swamp and crush buildings with ease.

A fascinating article in its own right.

5 Likes

Yes to all.

IMO the very first group of government employees that should be furloughed if the government shuts down is the entire staff of the members of Congress who couldn’t get a budget passed. Make the shutdown hit them first and hit them hard.

Barring that, lock them in the Capitol building and let them leave only when they agree on a budget, when they quit, or when they need to be medically evacuated. So kind of Survivor or Big Brother style, but without the voting out.

5 Likes