Law professors file ethics complaint against Kellyanne Conway, seek sanction

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/27/law-professors-file-ethics-com.html

6 Likes

Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

30 Likes

She seriously made it into, through and out of law school?

26 Likes

Yeah, here’s hoping…

10 Likes

TIL Kellyanne Conway is a lawyer. I thought she was just some random conservative pundit maybe from Breitbart or the like. I guess the alternative facts bit makes more sense coming from a (bad) lawyer. She’s terrible at arguing though, so I guess it’s good she’s not a practicing lawyer.

14 Likes

Enjoying the delicious schadenfreude.

7 Likes

Very delicious.

Yeah . . . law school, WTF?

We need a word for the syndrome where educated people turn into creepy, reality-challenged sycophants in the presence of a powerful ego. Conway, that Miller guy, Spicer presumably.

10 Likes

Called it.

18 Likes

This is a waste of the limited resources of the D.C. bar’s disciplinary arm. There are practicing attorneys stealing money from their clients, and instead of investigating that, they’re going to have to spend time following up on a high-profile inactive member of the bar.

1 Like

Al Capone was taken down via tax evasion charges.

18 Likes

And the average scumbag lawyer doesn’t typically have a direct line to the POTUS.

26 Likes

Public image matters, and we need to disincentivize the kind of behavior people like Conway and their ilk engage in any way we can.

By the time Andrew Wakefield faced a medical tribunal he was making more money as a paid consultant than as a gastroenterologist, but “discredited researcher loses medical license revoked for fraud and ethics violations related to autism claims” still had a big impact on what little remained of his credibility (and hopefully his income).

36 Likes

It’s like nibbling away at the outside of a cookie.
It’s going to take some time, but will eventually pay off.

5 Likes

How long has it been since higher education was equated with intelligence?

4 Likes

And why should the private accreditation body for professional lawyers be investigating criminal activity?

1 Like

Lets not start pulling at the ethical threads in this Republican Administration…

3 Likes

If we’re relying on the D.C. bar’s disciplinary counsel to investigate and prosecute crimes, there are much larger problems than I realized.

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to post that before I did.

3 Likes

She’s not worried. If she’s disbarred she’ll just start calling herself an “alternative lawyer.”

24 Likes

Schadenfreude is secretly enjoying the misfortune of your friends. Enjoying Conway’s misfortune, if it happens, is not shameful.

6 Likes