Lawsplaining the FBI raid on Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen

That would be the proverbial The Line.
On the other hand, a couple of days ago BoingBoing ran something about engineers being more likely to become terrorists; that might give us some leverage.

2 Likes

Re: Cohen
I totally lost my composture when I learned that he has 35 taxi medallions, each worth 1 million$.
Why didn’t I think of that as an investment? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lucysplaining

lucy-splainin

8 Likes

Now you’re just splainsplaining.

7 Likes

Wow. I’m surprised we haven’t seen an attack on ride sharing services from the Bloval Office. Those medallions were worth much more pre Uber.

I’m not 100%, but I believe that at least one of his appointees recused themselves from being involved, because they were Trump’s appointee. That must have infuriated him even more. The person he appointed to protect his ass was more concerned about petty things like conflicts of interest and duties of impartiality than being loyal to him. How rude.

8 Likes

According to one article they are down to 200k from 1 million.

2 Likes

ahh OK that sounds like a more reasonable value. I based my expectations on the impact I know ride sharing services had. Still, why accumulate them, unless you expect a change in the regulatory environment?

Looks like he has made a lot of money off them over the years and didn’t expect that to change. Its like newsagencies where I live. They used to be a license to print money because they had a monopoly on newspaper sales. Now they are worthless. Five years ago our local newsagency changed hands and I could have bought it but it was clear then that all news reading would go on line, but if you don’t see that coming, you will take a loss as your asset evaporates.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.