Lawsuit: sicko Sheriff ordered 900 teens groped in illegal mass-frisking at school

Hot damn! I wonder if they need any deputies to help out with the “searches?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@danimagoo I know, normally the stoner kids would all be out. Maybe the three were just there to make the cops cry wolf?

Sorry, no Disney, but the collection has since grown:

2 Likes

I’d decline too if I had actually picked them up at a garage sale and had not had them presented to me as awards or anything.

Call the school’s lawyer to describe the situation and ask for a legal opinion about how much shit the superintendent, the school, and the district would be in if (when) someone sued. As the lawyer recovers from the heart attack they just had, call the Georgia State Police.

2 Likes

Could probably skip the state police and go directly to the feds to investigate officers molesting minors.

1 Like

Laaaaand of the free and the home of the braaaaaaaave…

naaah, whatever

The mass hysteria about ‘war on drugs’ and ‘war on terror’ etc led us sheepishly into western policestates where bigoted officials condem other countries for behaving the same.

They weren’t - at least according to the lawsuit document linked in the OP:

51.The deputies conducting the searches—including searches that involved the
touching of or reaching inside Plaintiffs’ undergarments—sometimes did not wear
gloves or did not change their gloves between searches.

They go on to plead various searches where gloves were allegedly either not worn or not changed before or after the search.

Edit - That should be para 51. above. For some reason the 5 vanishes. Anyone have any clues?
Further Edit - fixed - kinda…

I’d give the benefit of the doubt and say that up until the child abuse began, nothing. After it began I think a call to child protective services followed by the state police would be in order.

2 Likes

I figured the state police would be closer and so would be able to respond more quickly. They may even have an officer in a state cop car nearby that they can dispatch immediately, whereas I assume the federal agents would have to come from their office.

And the call to the lawyer was first so that they could try calling up the local courthouse and asking that a judge give them an emergency court order stopping the search while the superintendent calls the state police.

3 Likes

Ah, i was thinking of handling the situation after the fact. But yes your line of thought works for before it happens or as it’s happening. I get ya now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a markdown/commonmark thing. It’s converting your text into a ordered list. It looks like the spec allows for start values other than 1, but Discourse doesn’t honor that? It might be a bug.

You could probably wrap the whole thing in a block quote to fix it.

Although I wonder how much financial resources a lawyer could actually get out of Worth County GA? Apparently the county has less than 22,000 residents and it’s probably an agricultural economic base. You can’t wring blood out of a stone, but you can get this asshole sheriff and his grope-happy child molesters fired.

6 Likes

Thanks. I couldn’t get block quotes to change anything but taking out the whitespace works.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.