Lawsuit: Virginia cops protected sex trafficking ring

Originally published at: Lawsuit: Virginia cops protected sex trafficking ring | Boing Boing

8 Likes

On a side note…only 2 1/2 years for running a sex trafficking ring?

Oh Man Wow GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

30 Likes

giphy (3)

18 Likes

Pretty ironic that the law and order party keeps thumping drums about sex trafficking and it is one reason to have tight immigration control… but when actual crimes are found out, it is a slap on the wrist.

20 Likes

15 Likes

Convict them all, and put them all in gen-pop.

Surely this department will be thoroughly investigated and all offenders and co-conspirators who had knowledge of this will be tried and incarcerated Right? Right?.. ah, crickets…

10 Likes

“Well, see what happens when you defund the police. Those poor officers have to turn to criminality just to make ends meet. So really, if we have sex-trafficking rings, it’s all the fault of the liberals.” /s

2 Likes

it reminds me a bit of the oakland police case

i don’t think any of them were ever charged.

11 Likes

… because it is, almost always, them doing it.

2 Likes
  • Maybe they couldn’t prove coercion

or

• Maybe laws against slavery in, um, Virginia, aren’t that … strict
2 Likes

Cops always find new ways to remind you that ACAB.

2 Likes

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

2 Likes

Another argument in favor of decriminalizing sex work. Help keep the workers safe by keeping the crooked cops away from them.

And only a 2-1/2 year sentence for extorting and coercing her workers for a decade? Seems exceedingly light.

So much of the world is broken.

3 Likes

Ehhhh I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. I bet abuse rates are fairly equal across most demographics (well, most male demographics).

For example, the Catholic Church has an earned stigma for abuse, but abuse numbers are about the same in protestant/non-denominational churches.

At any rate, I wish we gave a fuck about what people do to other people more than we cared if they have drugs on them or not.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.