Lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested on felony domestic violence allegations: LAPD

Only if your girlfriend is Ronda Rousey and your name is Peter Dinklage.

1 Like

How many of them are just quote-ghosting from TMZ?

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1062856614657515520

10 Likes

No matter how it went down, we will never really know what happened here.

1 Like

Okay, how about this, then:

9 Likes

Not the ex-wife.

Early reports indicated that the incident occurred with Avenatti’s estranged wife, Lisa Storie-Avenatti, but her lawyer released a statement to NBC News denying the claims.

“Ms. Storie-Avenatti was not subject to any such incident on Tuesday night,” the statement said. “Further, she was not at Mr. Avenatti’s apartment on the date that this alleged incident occurred. My client states that there has never been domestic violence in her relationship with Michael and that she has never known Michael to be physically violent toward anyone. My client requests that the media respect her privacy and that of the parties young son.”

11 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe he’ll party flip, he’s now fully vetted to run with an R next to his name.

13 Likes

So, this qualifies him to run as a Republican now?

(Jinx Mr Curry! Jinx.)

4 Likes

I am familiar with several instances of domestic violence where a woman habitually abused a man.

Never did that man describe his situation as “she hit me first”.

7 Likes

I’ll just point out that the initial TMZ story was wrong on a very key detail (it wasn’t the ex-wife), and all the rest of the stories so far are based on unnamed sources.

Better to sit and wait for confirmed details, I think. Sit, sharpen skewers, prepare torches…

8 Likes

It gets quite warm up there . . .

So it is true: Everything Trump touches (even tangentially) DIES.

Domestic abusers have been using that kind of excuse to get away with their actions since time immemorial.

We can collect enough evidence and testimony to get a pretty darn good idea of whether the charges are true, and that’s enough.

7 Likes

Terry Crews would have demolished his candy ass in the primary anyways

I’m of the “believe women” mindset so I’m going to settle for “cautiously horrified” to describe my feelings.

To be frank, having interacted with public figures before, I’ve met way too many toxic people who crusade for high minded causes while being incredibly toxic in their personal dealings. It’s prevalent enough it’s somewhat of a cliche trope in the NGO world :worried:

7 Likes

I want him, Ocasio-Cortez (probably spelled that wrong), and Hillary Clinton to be the final 3 democratic candidates. Easier win than 2016

1 Like

Ocasio-Cortez is only 29, sadly not old enough to be eligible for the presidency.

4 Likes

The beautiful thing about this, is that even if it’s a false allegation, he’s still getting a taste of his own medicine. Today is a great day.

I think it’s safe to assume that this is a false flag…something. Now we just need to imagine what and why and how.

So far though, no woman has said anything that we know of.

At this point the charges definitely could be Trumped up.

3 Likes

If Trump had been arrested; I’d call that a fair deal.

6 Likes